Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any good u/s readers out there? (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM
  • 29 Replies

Ok so I had my testing done today, the one with the finger prick and the ultrasound, and let me tell you, we have an active baby!! haha Everything looks good and the baby was moving all around. The heartbeat was 153. So sweet! 

So I know that it is possible to find out the sex at 13 weeks and 3 days, not common I know but possible, BUT the tech would not even peek. I didn't necessarily want her to tell me one way or the other, I just wanted her to peek for me so I could see and make my own assumption or take a picture for me to determine. You know? Yeah she was not too keen on that. She was nice enough and all but I mean come on, I asked nicely. haha I do not have any B&W 2D pics to go off of so that makes it a little difficult I suppose but I do have some 3D's so....anyone want to help me? Anyone had early ultrasound and found out what you are having? My actual gender determination u/s is in 3 weeks so I am not "dying" to know but I am curious; especially now that we had such a great opportunity for this tech to look and she wouldn't even give me a clue. So...help if you can, please? *smile*

Proud Navy Wife to Mark; baby girl Loving Mother to McKenna; and pregnant bellyone on the way.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
__bcnp
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Lol, I have no idea, but I want to guess ... BOY !  

Twinboysmom22
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Quoting __bcnp:

Lol, I have no idea, but I want to guess ... BOY !  

marriedmomma3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM

im going to guess boy, but dont take our words for it 

pregnancy

baby

babies
Twinboysmom22
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Oh and she might not have wanted to tell you..because all babies look like a boy at the beginning.  Once the gender parts start to form..the girl parts suck in and the boy parts stay there and have lil balls come out haha! So she probably did that so she didn't get your hopes up.

Harris06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Yeah, I just wanted some opinions. haha My actual gender appointment is in 3 weeks so we will see then but I was just wondering what others had to say. I only have one daughter so far so I have no experience with boy ultrasound pictures and no clue what they could possibly look like. LOL I just thought that I would post and see what anyone else had to say, just for the fun of it. *smile*

Proud Navy Wife to Mark; baby girl Loving Mother to McKenna; and pregnant bellyone on the way.

lifelessons78
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM

I too think it looks like a boy but it could just be that the labia(sp) hasnt formed completely..of course I am in no way a professional but just my opinion. 

HAPPILY MARRIED TO TREMAINE(2-12-05):
PROUD MOMMY TO KAITLYN(5-24-00),
T.J.(6-14-01), JAYDEN(10-28-04), ALAYA(11-19-07)

Harris06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Yes, I figured that was the case but I was hoping she would indulge me just a little bit. Especially since she said that she has been doing that for a long time and have been able to tell by 14 weeks. LOL My hopes weren't up so I wasn't crushed or anything but man I was crossing my finger, toes, and eyes! LOL

Quoting Twinboysmom22:

Oh and she might not have wanted to tell you..because all babies look like a boy at the beginning.  Once the gender parts start to form..the girl parts suck in and the boy parts stay there and have lil balls come out haha! So she probably did that so she didn't get your hopes up.

Twinboysmom22
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM

LOL I know right!?!  I got sooo anxious too!!!

Quoting Harris06:

Yes, I figured that was the case but I was hoping she would indulge me just a little bit. Especially since she said that she has been doing that for a long time and have been able to tell by 14 weeks. LOL My hopes weren't up so I wasn't crushed or anything but man I was crossing my finger, toes, and eyes! LOL

Quoting Twinboysmom22:

prego7386
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM

im gonna say girl..only because i see no peter just what MIGHT be the balls there but then again from my understanding girls look swollen at first anyways...so yeah that is my guess..a girl :P let us know by bumping this post with the edited title cause i want to know if i was right lmao.

stacyemmy
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM

My guess is boy..but I have no experience with 3ds only the black n white 2ds. Which you can clearly see the difference between my daughters and my sons ultrasounds lol..

I'm Stacy, I'm 20, I attend college, I have my high school diploma, My daughter is 3, I just had my son Nov. 22nd, I am engaged to their daddy, I am natural child birthing, I'm a non-smoker, I'm a non- cio, I co-sleep, I breastfeed, I disposable diaper, I vaccinate, I am bi-curious, I am pro-life, I believe in god, I spank when needed, I potty trained before 2, and I was teen mommy who has broken the stereotype!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)