Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this mean its close?????????

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

My due date is the 25th but I think I'm due around the 15th or so.. Well lately I've had SO much pressure down in my pelvis and I SWEAR I can feel her head or hands hitting my pelvis bones to where it HURTS so bad.. And now its getting so sore that I can barely walk or stand.. I seriously want to cry I feel like someone has beat the CRAP out of my crouch lol.. And my fiance and I dont even have sex because I'm so uncomfortable.. PLEASE tell me that means she's dropping and its getting close because I am MISERABLE!!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KBM99
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM

bump??

Nighttiger
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Your doctor should be able to tell you if she's dropped.  I'm due the 25th also. At my last appt, my doc went to grab the heartbeat, and it was really faint.  She was like "did he drop already?" I had no clue, but she moved lower and it got much louder.  She then measured and I hadn't grown anymore (still at 35 weeks even though I was 36 and a half), so she said that means he dropped.  She then checked and sure enough he was at station -1.  She gave me the "its any time now" statement, but my sisters baby sat at station -1 for 2 weeks.  So nothing is a sure thing as far as when your baby will come, even if she has dropped.

Bennett121
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I have felt that way for three weeks now, doc said the baby's head is "engaged" but I'm not even due till the 27th. grrr. I am miserable with you mama.

KBM99
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I never knew why my doctor always went to the same spot to listen for the heart beat.. Yesterday I had an appointment and he went to listen to the heart beat and you could hear it but it was SO QUIET!! I was worried but he wasnt he said it sounded great.. And the reason it worried me was because with my son I never dropped with him until I was induced so everytime they would listen for the heartbeat in the same spot it was so loud and strong btw I carried my son VERY high..

Quoting Nighttiger:

Your doctor should be able to tell you if she's dropped.  I'm due the 25th also. At my last appt, my doc went to grab the heartbeat, and it was really faint.  She was like "did he drop already?" I had no clue, but she moved lower and it got much louder.  She then measured and I hadn't grown anymore (still at 35 weeks even though I was 36 and a half), so she said that means he dropped.  She then checked and sure enough he was at station -1.  She gave me the "its any time now" statement, but my sisters baby sat at station -1 for 2 weeks.  So nothing is a sure thing as far as when your baby will come, even if she has dropped.

workin_mamma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:13 PM

if that means its getting close then im close to lol and im not due till feb. im feeling the same pain and everything.  good luck with your baby, hope things work out good for you :)

Andrea337
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily mean you're any closer to labor! I have been feeling like crap and baby dropped at 32-33wks! I'm still waiting at 38wks and will be induced sometime around this wkd, but the pressure sucks and yes it hurts my crotch and i'm not even dilated at all! My cervix is soft and thats about it! I will find out if anythings changed tomorrow though, but i'll be 39wks on Saturday!

StarMommy06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Im due in feb too, and I feel the same way. It was so bad lastnight I coughed and my tail bone popped! I thought her hand was going to fly out of my crotch. Not to mention my hips felt so spread apart that I had to sleep on my back with my legs spread, because I couldnt close them! :(

Quoting workin_mamma:

if that means its getting close then im close to lol and im not due till feb. im feeling the same pain and everything.  good luck with your baby, hope things work out good for you :)

sweetjessa
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Yeah I due in Feb and I am having the same kinds of pains and have been for a long time now but my baby has been in my pelvis for a very long time alomost 17 weeks . Just relax hun put your feet up but dont sit too long because then it hurts MORE and make sure you use the pillow in between your legs at night

Pregnancy ticker
KBM99
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I have slept with a pillow between my legs for at least the past 5 years.. Its a big habit just because my knees are so bony that it hurts when they touch while I'm sleeping haha

Quoting sweetjessa:

Yeah I due in Feb and I am having the same kinds of pains and have been for a long time now but my baby has been in my pelvis for a very long time alomost 17 weeks . Just relax hun put your feet up but dont sit too long because then it hurts MORE and make sure you use the pillow in between your legs at night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)