Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

really worried (kinda long) please help

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

my doctor has been watching me for per eclampsia (sp) due to highg blood pressure and protine in my urine. well i had to do a 24 hour urine test and blood pressure checks everyweek. today my results were supposed to be in from my urine test. well i called my doctor all day to get the result and his nurese keeps saying he has not had a chance to review them as he is busy from being off for 5 days. well i am kinda up set because i want to know if the protine is gone our still there. how has he not had a chance to check yet? well then i went in today for my weekly BP test and its not down to 110 which from 149 is low to me. i am scared why is it so low than it normal is. my normal is 122 but then it has been the  149 thats why he is watching me. now 110 is just scaring me. could something else be wrong? what should i do? i had a misscarrige back in aug and i am 33 weeks now and just really scared please help any advice on what i should do

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kristina09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Im almost 33 weeks myself and my doc is watching my blood pressure really close. Dont worry your blood pressure can go up and down with no problems. Mine got as low as 75. which was cause i was dehydrated. but sometimes mine is really high and sometimes its really low. they said dont worry to much about that. Try drinking alot of water or juice. Low blood pressure can be from dehydration. Good luck to you! Im sure everything is just fine!! =]

Ashley7805
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I dont see why the nurse just couldnt tell you right then. urine tests are fast and easy all you do is stick a stick in it and the color it changes tells u how much protien, if any, is in your urine... hopefully you find out soon but try not to stress (which raises your BP). also i wouldnt worry because that 110 bp is good, i wouldnt worry about something being wrong with it. try and relax mama :]

JOCELYN011710
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM

thank you, my nurse didnt do the urine test this time it was a collection i had to do for 24 hours and take it to the hospital for the lab to do it. but i know she seen the results. thats why i am so upset

Quoting Ashley7805:

I dont see why the nurse just couldnt tell you right then. urine tests are fast and easy all you do is stick a stick in it and the color it changes tells u how much protien, if any, is in your urine... hopefully you find out soon but try not to stress (which raises your BP). also i wouldnt worry because that 110 bp is good, i wouldnt worry about something being wrong with it. try and relax mama :]

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Call back tomorrow..... Im sure all is fine :)

Quoting JOCELYN011710:

thank you, my nurse didnt do the urine test this time it was a collection i had to do for 24 hours and take it to the hospital for the lab to do it. but i know she seen the results. thats why i am so upset

Quoting Ashley7805:

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM

oh 110 is a good bp, mine is usually 100/70 and i think the highest mine has ever been was 114/80 and i was worried and the nurse is like are you kidding? other ladies would love to be that low! lol. so don't worry about the 110, and just call back the Dr tomorrow afternoon or something. i know mondays and tuesdays and fridays are really busy at my Dr's office so i try not to call on those days because it takes 2 hours or more to get a call back. i understand you want to know the results but im sure if there was a problem they would have called right away and if hes been out for 5 days he probably has a lot of other patients with lab results to look at too. so just try to relax and not stress about it. i know easier said than done, but try really hard!!!! lol good luck!!!

AddyLeigh
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Don't get worried about the dropping BP, that'll just add more stress, lol! Also, if you're that concerned about the protein issue go to the store and pick up some pee strips that measure protein levels in your urine. Then you can check it whenever you want to and don't have to wait on anyone to call you back!

StarMommy06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I dont know anything about the BP issue, but I have to do 24hr. collections also. It sucks. I have to do one tomorrow, and Im not looking forward to it AT ALL. Im sure they will have the results tomorrow, just call them back. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)