Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are the chances im pregnant...mirena was placed wrong

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:15 PM
  • 4 Replies

i have a 2 year old daughter and a son who will be 1 years old on december 11th. i went in at the beginning of november to get my mirena put in. it was great for the first week then i got really bad headaches that never went away and were constantly there. then i started my period after having it about a week and a half which was no big deal for the first 3 days it was really light and i was loving it then all of a sudden my period got so heavy and i was on it for over 2 weeks i called a nurse advise line because i knew heavy periods were a common side effect but i didnt know what was too heavy to be a "normal side effect" the nurse told me to contact my ob gyn when the office opened up ( it was the weekend) and see what my ob wanted to do unless i started to get light headed or pass out then i was to go to the e.r. well later that night i was changng my tampon and my mirena was stuck to it. i was like great just awesome havnt even had it in a month and it fell out. and by the next day my headache was gone ( had that for 3 and a half weeks straight) and my period had completly stopped ( was on it for 2 and a half weeks about) i did a little research and it said that it wasnt suppose to fall out that easy (duh, lol) and heavy bleeding on top of it falling out that easy is a sign that it was placed in wrong ( makes sence) so anywho i got to thinking a few days later that if it was placed wrong and i was having what i thought was protected sex what are the chances i could have gotten pregnant. im planing on taking a preggo test when im scheduled to start my cycle if i havnt that is but i was just wondering what are the chances. i really cant afford to have another one right now, hubby is just getting out of the army and were moving from alaska where were stationed to texas and hes going to go to college. this would be the worst timing ever but if i am then will deal with it. im trying not to stress to much cause i know that can delay a period so any knowledge yall have would be much appreciated thank a bunch mommies  

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Depending on your ovulation schedule there is a really good chance. The mirena was supposed to be placed inside your uterus so it should have never gotten anywhere near your tampon. You need to def contact the dr who put it in. I would be raising h*ll.   A friend of mine had the mirena "installed" a few years ago and she said that it was a painful process, they had to open her uterus with some clamp. The dr gave her two vicodin for the pain and she took two days off of work. Does any of that sound familiar?

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
purelibra84
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM

no it wasnt that painful just some cramping and some back pain right after. i know they put it in my uterus i just dont think they put it far enough in. it has wires that hang out into your vagina and i thought maybe they caught on my tampon but the doc said i could use tampons. as far as my ovualtion cycle. my periods have been so messed up since i had my son in december 08. i miss months and have 2 periods a month sometimes or its really late or really early so i cant do my ovulation math to see if i was ovulating :(

usafwifenmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM

It's possible! I got pregnant with a Mirena in...and it was placed correctly! If you're worried, I'd go and get checked out before he separates from the Military...for insurance purposes and health reasons. I had an ectopic pregnancy, which are actually more common when a Mirena is in place.

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction

caribear77
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I don't know but the Mirena sounds scary!  Very invasive sounding! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)