Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound Wrong

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

Has anyone had an ultrasound be wrong about the gender when the tech was positive one way or the other?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queenamy
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:14 AM

no. but it was clear as day

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia(RIP 09/05-11/09), Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

VintageWife
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Not me personally, but three people (in real life) that I know have. One online I know of did too. They did an u/s at 16 weeks and told her one thing and then her OB done another at 20 weeks and it was actually the opposite sex.

Tiffany, wife to David and sahm to James and Caleb and Baby J (Jasper or Jocelyn) coming summer of 2010!

Pregnancy ticker

stacy2607
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:17 AM

no..i have had 7 pregnancies and tech. has been right on everyone..i even found out the sex at 15 1/2 weeks with  a couple of my babies

wifeandmomof306
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I haven't ever had  a gender told to me differently. Now my sis was told on one US she was having a boy, but the next US she was told "Well maybe it is a girl" So she doesn't really even know.

GruntWife07
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM

UMMMMM I WAS SUPPOSED TO A BOY..MICHEAL SHAWN..POPPED OUT ASHLEY IRENE!!

Ambereno144
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:43 AM

no but i was freaked out that she was going to come out a boy b/c I have heard of people being told one gender & the baby comes out the opposite.

marriedmomma3
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:53 AM

well, first of all , the tech will never tell you 100%.  But they were wrong with mine.  My second was born a boy, when they said he was a girl.

pregnancy

baby

babies
Holly126
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:29 AM

My husband was supposed to be a girl, but came out a boy. So it can happen.

Lilypie
Lilypie - (rskR)

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I haven't but a friend of mine was told girl her entire pregnancy and it was a boy.

logansmommy0728
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Well my son was definitely a boy, lol. He wasn't shy!

This time they told me girl, but it's kind of hard to see - even though my instincts are telling me it's a girl. I am having another ultrasound in two weeks (yay me!), so we'll be able to see again I hope. I know it's a girl in my heart, but now I'm all freaked out that it's a boy even though I -know- it's a girl, you know? At least all the girl stuff we've bought still has tags on it, lol.

Pregnancy ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)