Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know anything about BMW's?....need some decision making help please :)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I finally got financing to get a car..... Yah Mee!

The dealer has a 2003 BMW X5 and I have fallen in love with it. Its in terrific condition, the leather even looks like new. The only downside though is that it has 95,000 miles. IVe done some research and the BMWs can last a long time. Also Im a SAHM and we live in a small town so its not going to get driven that much plus we have a truck that we would use to take big trips in or to go pretty much anywhere as a family.

The car has about 5,000 more miles on it than it should for a 2003 but with the fact that I would be driving that much, I dont think its really a problem.

I havent test driven it yet and so maybe there will be some flaws that wil make me let it go but what if there arent..... im concerned about the high mileage. I dont know anyone that owns a BMW

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2009mami2alex
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:45 PM

personally... i wouldnt dare touch it... but thats just me.. 95 k is A LOT no matter what car and things are bound to start need replacing soon, and those parts are 3X more expensive then a normal car... maybe a toyota with 95k in good condition id get but definitely not a bmw.... well unless it was like super super cheap lol

kylismomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Ditto! 

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

personally... i wouldnt dare touch it... but thats just me.. 95 k is A LOT no matter what car and things are bound to start need replacing soon, and those parts are 3X more expensive then a normal car... maybe a toyota with 95k in good condition id get but definitely not a bmw.... well unless it was like super super cheap lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
sparklebug86
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I dont think it matters anyway....my husband just told me that he has his heart set on a volvo stationwagon :( I am not a volvo fan or a station wagon fan so that just combines the two things I hate. The good thing about the volvo is that its 6000 and has 65000 miles. Our payments will be supercheap..... im trying to look at the positive :(

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Phoenix_sp
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:59 PM

We had a BMW when we just had DS.  The parts and labor are VERY expensive.  Even oil changes are ...

We downgraded to a minivan LOL

Phoenix_sp
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Oh no! He sounds like my DH.  He loves the volvo station wagons... I dont like volvo OR station wagons! 

Good luck =)

Quoting sparklebug86:

I dont think it matters anyway....my husband just told me that he has his heart set on a volvo stationwagon :( I am not a volvo fan or a station wagon fan so that just combines the two things I hate. The good thing about the volvo is that its 6000 and has 65000 miles. Our payments will be supercheap..... im trying to look at the positive :(

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM

so then you feel my pain? :( I actually wanted to start crying. I feel like a spoiled brat who isnt getting her way but I cant help it..... Can I chalk it up to pregnancy hormones?

Quoting Phoenix_sp:

Oh no! He sounds like my DH.  He loves the volvo station wagons... I dont like volvo OR station wagons! 

Good luck =)

Quoting sparklebug86:

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
2009mami2alex
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM

lmao id cry too, oh mannn  preggo or not lol  imean dont get me wrong, if i had the money, i would LOVE a bmw... but its just nto practical to me with how things are now... but come on a volvo station wagon...  lol cant you find a happy medium? lol

Quoting sparklebug86:

so then you feel my pain? :( I actually wanted to start crying. I feel like a spoiled brat who isnt getting her way but I cant help it..... Can I chalk it up to pregnancy hormones?

Quoting Phoenix_sp:

Good luck =)

Quoting sparklebug86:

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

Phoenix_sp
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I agree... there has to be a middle between BMW's and a Volvo stationwagon! 

usafwifenmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Okay, I grew up around "fancy cars" LOL. BMW's are KNOWN for electrical malfunctions...nothing that will prohibit you from USING the car, but all of the bells and whistles that you get with a BMW as part of the reason FOR getting a BMW...well kiss those goodbye soon enough. About 9 out of the 10 ,(friends and family have owned), I've seen have had the nav, CD, DVD player, heated seats, etc go out after about 100k- 125k....I'm not sure why?! But it's annoying! My boyfriend's (in high school lol), M5 NAV pooped out and fried...it was sad....he cried LOL. So seeing that there's 95k on that car? I'd think twice.

Pregnancy ticker

Gender Prediction

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)