Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why just one leg?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

A few baby's ago I got a varicose vein in my left leg on the inside of my knee. It always goes away between pregnancies. Then last pregnancy I developed spider veins on the inside of my left ankle in a addition to the varicose vein. Now, this pregnancy, the varicose vein is back and the spider veins, plus the left ankle is swollen huge. I have very mild swelling in my right ankle that comes only in the evenings and is only noticeable to me. But my left ankle, it's ridiculously huge.

Why just the left side so effected?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2009mami2alex
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:11 PM

no clue... my only guess...do you lay on you left side a lot , like were supposed to?? the preassure is what causes this?

czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I have really bad vericose  veins. It is very bad in my left leg also. I have to start wearing support knee highs before my 12th week so they don't get any worse. I have them bad on both of my thighs but I don't wear them any higher than my knees. They are better when I'm not pregnant but they are still very noitceable still.

Denise

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
DeputyWifeJen
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I favor my left side and don't sit or walk very balanced due to lots of surgery. Therefore baby has been hanging out more on my left side. My doc said this contributes to my left sided swelling and not right. I have been practicing more balaced sitting and excersizes to get baby in the correct position as he has been posterior due to me being unbalanced.  

Wife to Brian since 11-27-04, Mommy to Will since 6-28-07

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)