Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my daughter is jealous of my pregnancy.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am having the biggest problem with my youngest daughter. Ever since we told her I was pregnant she has been acting like the biggest brat.

I tell her to do something and she says no then laughs at me.  She wont do anything I say she just laughs at me. I am getting so frustrated I just want to cry. I don't know what to do.  If she isn't laughing at me she is throwing a temper tantrum. Pulling her hair and banging her head on the kitchen floor. I have tried time outs and sending to her room without TV but nothing works.  She is 4 and the way she is acting is not how she usually is. 

I have been tempted to take her to the DR's and see what they say although I don't know what they could do. I have had her dad and stepdad talk to her and have gotten nowhere.  I am at my witts end.  Do you think this is jealousy? I am with her all the time. I stay at home with her. I figured the jealousy would come after the baby was born. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
StarMommy06
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Im seeing alot of posts like this. The closer the baby is to getting here the more their 3/4 year olds act out.

My 3 year old has been giving me a hard time for about a week, but shes so happy and excited to get a sister. IDK what her deal is. Luckly I told her Santa wont come if she doesnt listen, and so far its working :)

preggomama26
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I seriously feel like a horrible mother. Like I am doing something wrong with her. I haven't changed anything that I do with her.  And its not like she doesn't like being home. She always fights me about going to her dads.  She likes being home, but of course maybe its just to laugh at me lol.  IDK I just keep hoping it will get better.

Quoting StarMommy06:

Im seeing alot of posts like this. The closer the baby is to getting here the more their 3/4 year olds act out.

My 3 year old has been giving me a hard time for about a week, but shes so happy and excited to get a sister. IDK what her deal is. Luckly I told her Santa wont come if she doesnt listen, and so far its working :)

CafeMom Tickers
India-Monet
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Get her invloved! Let her help you decorate the nursery, pick out clothes,suggest names, and when the baby is born give her a gift "from" her new little brother or sister.  Also speak with her her about the behavior but dont mention the pregnancy while chestizing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)