Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow! I was way off.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

So we figured that I was about 7 to 8 weeks...

Way wrong.  Come to find out we're 11 weeks in starting tomorrow.

Thought I had more time to get things in order and start getting my doctors set up.

Geez...not sure how we went for so long without thinking maybe something was up.

Anyone else way off about how far along the were/are?

expecting babypregnant belly

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaPuma
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:37 AM

i think im about 4-5 weeks but im not totally sure until i go to the doctor next thrusday... it was so hard for me to get an appointment i hope im right but today was i first day that i had morning sickness so im not sure ... i would just start taking pre-natal vitamins if i were you just to cover your but lol ...

congrats and have a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!

cartersmommy407
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:43 AM

is it your 1st? I was the same way w/ my 1st off by 3 weeks! You still have 29 LONG weeks to go.  Congs and good luck!

Erika2408
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:54 AM

That would be kinda cool find your farther along that thought, i wish I could fast forward to 14weeks and not be sick anymore lol. I'm going on 8weeks wont see the doc till i'm 10weeks. So i may as well wait and have the u/s in Jan.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
Ammie25
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:09 AM

I was on birth control and I've always had irregular periods. So when I got a positive pg test, I hadn't had a period in at least 5-6 months! At my first prenatal appt, my doc mistakenly thought that meant I was already 5 months along! I was like, no no no! I told her I don't think my last period is a good indication of how far along I am. I explained to her that I had just taken the test and experienced morning sickness in the previous 2 weeks, so I didn't think I was any MORE than 8 weeks. Doc then estimated 6 weeks.

At my ultrasound, I was happy to hear that I was 10 weeks 4 days. I was excited that I was further along that I would have guessed. My baby already looked like a person, even tho he was the size of a button. So cute! Oh, and all the sooner that I could tell family!

austinsmama1106
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I found out I was pregnant on 11/6/09 but haven't had AF since 8/8, I took a test on 10/10 and it was negative. I have no clue how far I am, I just went to the dr yesterday to get all my paperwork and info taken care of.. I go back on Friday for an ultrasound. I can't wait... it really sucks when you tell people you don't know how far you are.. they look at you like your nuts! I think I'm around 10/11 weeks, the lady I seen yesterday thinks 7/8 weeks. 

CafeMom Tickers

sylvia_vallo
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM

If this is your first baby thats not uncommon. With my first I thought i was 4 weeks cuz i thought i was my first missed period but when i got the u\s it turned out i was already 3 months. I took spotting for my period and it wasnt that. lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
treehugger823
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM

well when i first found out i was pregnant, they said i was around 13 weeks going by my menstrual cycle. but then at my next appt (same week) they said i measured only 3 weeks. i had just missed a bunch of periods for no good reason!

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
kittin002002
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM

At least you were farther along.  By the count of my last period i should be 11 weeks but knew i have long cycles so i didnt know for sure how far i was and when i went to the doc at what i thought was week 5w they wouldnt do an ultrasound til week 12.  well during what i thought was week 9 i experienced a lil spotting so the doc told me to come in for an ultrasound and said that i was 7w 4d.  i had to set back all my tickers set back my due date, which is the 4th of July now, and everything but i was just happy my baby was healthy.

Guerita_Loca
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 2:42 PM

When I went to the doctor I thought I was 9 weeks 1 day by my period but come to find out by ultrasound I was only 7 weeks 4 days....

I am currently 8 weeks 5 days and wish morning sickness would go away soon...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)