Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should have went with my gut fealing! *update

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

so i went in for my paper work and intake info. im 10 weeks and the nurse told me to get the H1N1 shot, i told her i wanted to get it in the second trimester. well she gave me all these facts and statistics about  how there hasnt been any rise in misscarriage and its perfectly safe. she talked me into it even though in my gut i just wanted to wait a couple more weeks. well since 3 (4 hours after) i have been cramping, i also just urinated and had brown discharge and spotting . im so mad i didnt stick with my gut . please pray my babys ok =(

I dont want any argument over this i know everyone has there own experiences and stories about this shot ...i just wanted to wait

All day yesterday and today i relaxed ( as mych as you can with 3 kids 2 and under) and drank tons of water after 27 hours of spotting i finally stopped !! im having cramping still but i can deal with that as long as the pinkish blood is gone! thanks ladies for all your encouraging words =)

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candacemz
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Hey there!!

I got the swine flu shot when I was 13 weeks. I to was very worried. But knew that it was for the better. I wanted to wait, and Im glad I did. But I also knew that either way I didnt have a choice since I naturally have weak immune system so when I was ready or not I had to get it the sooner the better. And thankfully all was okay. Maybe the brown spotting is just from stressing yourself out or something like that. This is my first pregnancy but Ive always heard that miscarriages are heavy bleeding from beginning to end. I hope everything is ok!! And if you do start to bleed then call a doctor if you can or go to the er.. Good Luck!!!

mhatley87
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM

My prayers are with you and your baby!

CafeMom Tickers
MyKsMaMa
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I am only 6 weeks, and plan on waiting - hopefully I don't get pressured into it (it easly happens to me).  I really hope everything is okay with you and your baby!  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

KBM99
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I would be pissed if she caused you to miscarry.. I pray your baby is okay momma..

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I had a miscarriage at the end of sept- best of luck! I would call the dr on call, or maybe even go to the hospital. You are too early for them do anything to stop it, but at least they would be able to let you know whats going on...

And to the earlier post about miscarriage...no, they are not heavy bleeding from beginning to end. Miscarriages vary from person to person just like childbirth does. No offense taken, please don't think I'm being mean- just trying to inform. 

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

ashleykilleen
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:11 PM

your in my thoughts momma!!! i really hope your baby is ok!

hugspraying 

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

Erika2408
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I hope all is well with your baby! I would keep a eye on the bleeding and call the doc in the morning.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
mommy_of_2_babi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Dont blame it on yourself you were only trying help yourself and your baby! I hope everything is ok with you and baby! Keep us updated!

hannamanmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I'm so sorry you are spotting. My doctor told me not to worry if I saw brown discharge as it was old blood. Maybe you should lay down and take a couple of days of bed rest? You and your baby are in my prayers. Please keep us posted. 

paulsgirl1297
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Try to rest and drink plenty of fluids and hopefully the spotting will go away. If you had a pelvic exam that same day it could have cause the spotting as well.   I too have some concern about the shot and am so confused about taking it, so I understand how you feel about that. I pray that you will be fine and the baby will be too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)