Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So this is what pregnancy is supposed to be like?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

This is my third pregnancy.  My first I didn't have any symptoms at all but I miscarried at 10 weeks.  With my son I had mild morning sickness.  My posture never changed.  I only gained 20 lbs.  He never dropped so I did not have to pee all of the time.  I never developed the waddle.  My belly button never popped.  And overall I felt normal once I got past the first trimester, just large.  I could get up and down from the ground without a problem and was playing tag with kids at work the week before he was born!

Yeah, then I became pregnant with my daughter and I'm discovering why women complain about pregnancy.  My posture changed right away.  The morning sickness came at 3 weeks!  I couldn't even get a positive test yet but boy did I have the MS!  Battling my son's diarreah and stool samples with MS is NOT fun btw.  I'm 22 weeks pregnant and having a hard time reaching things on the floor and getting up, even from chairs!  And there is NOTHING more comfortable than sitting with my legs spread WIDE apart.  I often sit with my feet right in front of me touching each other, pushing my knees down as much as possible.  My knees almost lay flat now from doing this so much.  I constantly have to pee and sometimes the MS comes back!  I've only gained 5 lbs so far thankfully.  I just pray this means my daughter will actually come out!  My son was a c-section baby and I'm going for a VBAC this time around.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
paulsgirl1297
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:42 AM

I know the ms can be tough --but I was actually glad to have it  crazy huh=

ginipassionlady
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Yep.. you pretty much summed up how I have felt for the past 31 weeks.  You were very lucky with your son.  That happens sometimes though.  My cousin didn't even know she was pregnant until she was almost 18 weeks along b/c her cycles were never regular so she didn't know she was missing her period.  She had no symptoms except her boobs got bigger, but she was happy about that!  I wish you luck with the rest of this pregnancy!

Gini Winget

Passion Parties Team Leader

http://www.ginimcelvy.yourpassionconsultant.com

kiss

VintageWife
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:12 AM

I totally understand where you are coming from. My first two pregnancies were easy as pie. I had no MS at all. My first I gained alot of weight, but it wasn't hard to deal with. My second I lost weight and by the end had a cute little preg. belly. This time around I have had MS that I think is trying to kill me. I stay nauseous 24/7. I had a bad dizziness problem. I had some bleeding on Sunday and went to the ER and found out I have a bladder infection. My first two were boys, I am hoping this means this one is a girl. I am also hoping she will be the normal 7 1/2 lb baby...LOL. My first was 9 lbs 11 oz. My second was born ON his due date at 8 lbs 9 oz.

BTW...I understand that leg spread open thing. I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy (9 weeks today and lost 11 lbs) but I still like to sit with my legs open so my stomach isn't being pressed on. I remember in my first pregnancy I had to sit like that all the time cause I was HUGE.

Tiffany, wife to David and sahm to James and Caleb and Baby J (Jasper or Jocelyn) coming summer of 2010!

Pregnancy ticker

Wshngstr1976
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:01 AM

hahaha, My second was harder than my first, but this one takes the cake so far in difficulty. I am beyond the morning sickness stuff...thank god, unless I take a vitamine and don't go to bed soon after....I got sick with this one only at night...all night. The worst though is the stretching stomach. I never really felt it too much with my other two...this one I can barely move it hurts so much. LOL And, I've already got the waddle :(. I've had it dang near bring me to tears, just because I sit up...LOL  MS didn't start when I got pregnant...My first symptom was total exhaustion. I had NO energy...from the day I got pregnant...LOL Of course I didn't know I was pregnant...I just thought I was being totally lazy.

CafeMom Tickers
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I completely understand :)  I was glad to have the ms with my son but I really could have used a milder version with this on.  After miscarrying with no morning sickness it was a comfort to me in a strange way.

Quoting paulsgirl1297:

I know the ms can be tough --but I was actually glad to have it  crazy huh=

LiLmOmMiE08
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had a boy the first time too I got sick 5-6 the entire pregnancy. Now I get sick when i smell peanut butter. I crave the once vile hot dogs.

Whats even more funny we are REALLY close together in pregnancy (4 days difference) I am 23 weeks today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)