Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing Willow!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:18 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm just going to copy and past it from my post in another group. We're still in the hospital and I'm getting ready for bed, so I'm too tired to rewrite it all : D

I will explain more later, but  I had her at 5:30 today. She weighed in at 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 in long! I was terrified that she would end up being another 10+ lb baby. Surgery went wonderfully and I was able to BF in recovery. All she wants to do is sleep, so I have only gotten her to have a successful breastfeeding session once, well once and a half.  The pictures are taken off a Nextel cell, so they suck really bad, but you get the point.  My SIL jmade that hat for her : D

Alright, so my birth story was pretty boring. I had my c-section scheduled for 4:30 and I thought I would have a problem not eating all day, but I was too busy/stressed to notice. We met my doula up here and she calmed me down a little before surgery. My anthesiologist was AWESOME! He gave me something for anxiety before surgery because my contractions were going off the charts from the stress. They thought I was in labor for a couple minutes. He was an older white guy with a pony tail and looked like he had had some fun in his younger years if you KWIM- lol. He gave me something for anxiety before the spinal, too, and it wasn't too bad. I was most scared of that. They took very close notice of my birth plan and actually followed everything I had asked for! I was in a lot of pain following the birth and we talked about not giving me a PCA, but they were surprised at my tolerance level and decided to go ahead and give it to me because she was giving me a lot through my IV and it wasn't really helping. I was able to nurse in recovery and everything went perfectly! She was healthy as can be and scored a 9 on her APGARs all the way down the line. The first couple days BFing was difficult, as I was on a lot of narcotics through my PCA that were making us both sleepy, but after I was able to get on a pain management schedule, we're doing MUCH better. She has been cluster feeding ALL day long, which is awesome. She lost 9% of her body weight since birth, so they are a little concerned with that, but she is eating a lot and we're trying to make up for it. She also had a couple instances where she had to go under the warmer because she couldn't regulate her body temperature, but we seem to be past that as well. I was able to take a shower a couple hours ago (2 days post-op) and I feel CLEAN! lol My milk still hasn't come in, so I've been trying to pump as much as I can to help it along.

Other than that, I've been able to pass gas which makes me feel SO much better! The nurses are pretty happy with it, too and I am off my restricted diet. My incision is leaking a little which scares the SHIT out of me. I haven't looked at it yet because it just creeps me out. Steph was checking it out earlier and I had a panic attack. My nurse says it doesn't need stitches, and the doctor just wants me to air it out as much as possible.  We had our newborn photo session in our room earlier, too. Below is just a couple of the pics.  We're going home tomorrow! I can't wait to see my son.This is the longest we've ever been away from him and I miss him so much. I'm nervous to see how he will be with the new baby. It's WEIRD to think that I am a parent to TWO now!

Pregnancy ticker

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
luvkids329
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:28 AM

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR HUBBY,SHE IS ADORABLE!snowgirl

mommy-
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM

too darn cute!!

CafeMom Tickers
mmoleader
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Firsttimemom252
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Congrats! She a cutie

CafeMom Tickers
LennonT0609
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:52 PM

beautiful baby with such a beautiful name!! seeing tiny new feet always makes me tear up! lol they get big so fast and you'll hear that so much but its true.. enjoy it mama!! and congrats

I'm a disposable diaper using, bottle feeding, organic puree making, hippie loving, future chef, against self weening, first time mommy.

Lennon Theodore

5-24-09

maybebaby15
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Oh, she's an absolute doll! Congratulations!

And I love the name!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group
maybebaby15,  Pregnancy Group Mod

Erika2408
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Congrats what a beautiful name, very sweet.

CafeMom Tickers
babies
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 4:07 PM

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)