• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need TOOTH help! Please!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Any home remedies? My wisdom tooth is growing and it's killing my soul! It starting this morning but it wasn't much of anything. I was biting my cheek here and there. But NOW! I can't sleep. The pain won't stop. What can I do? If you know anything to ease the pain I will jump out of this bed and go buy whatever it is I need! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM

clove oil!!! it works wonders!! you just put some like on a cotton ball and put it on your tooth. its a natural numbing thing or something.  but yeah it works great!!

RylanEMS
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM

where can i get that? ive never heard of it but im gonna take your word. I'll do anything? google will know where i can buy it. google knows everything!

CafeMom Tickers
Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 AM

i'm pretty sure you can get it just about anywhere. drug store would most likely have it. im trying to remember where i got it from!! lol my dh bought it when i was having wisdom tooth pain i just cant remember exactly where he got it from.

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM

i just went back and looked at the post i made when i was having the tooth issue and the person who answered me said a pharmacy would have it. try walgreens or cvs!

RylanEMS
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Yeah, I just googled and it said a drug store. I'm all over that right now. Thank you for replying so fast at such a late time!! You're the best!!!!! I'm going to get this clove oil in my life on my tooth and make some ZZZzz's! Again, thank you thank you thank you! 

[Oh just thought of a funny. I think this little toothache hurts. Gosh, I can only imagine how I'll act when it's time for labor and birth haha]

CafeMom Tickers
Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:57 AM

lol you are lucky i guess, i can't sleep because i have some serious heart burn right now so im just sitting here reading posts trying to make myself fall asleep. so see there was a reason i have horrible heart burn, i got to help you out! lol

oh and i totally thought the same thing!!! i was like omg im crying like a little baby over a toothach and im going to make it through labor?! haha but its like i told dh with tooth pain there is nothing you can really do to make the pain go away, with contractions you can at least breath through them and make them somewhat manageable, or even change positions. can't exactly do anything to make the pain easier with a tooth!

good luck i hope you feel better soon!!!!!

RylanEMS
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:39 AM

They didn't have clove oil so I just got oregel. I'm gonna look again today because that did not do the trick. Stupid wisdow tooth, I hate you!

For heartburn though, I went through that in the middle. I read online that if you chug milk it helps, drink some pickle juice or tums. I can't tell you which one worked because I did all three at the same time. I don't mess around. My heartburt would always come in nasty acid reflex. I hope you got some sleep! 

CafeMom Tickers
Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:22 PM

i hope you found some reliefe!!! i am so going to try that pickle juice and milk thing!!! i've tried tums and they don't help much. i get the reflux crap too. its like i don't just burp air, whatever i just ate, yeah it comes back up a little with it too and it burns!! (sorry that was kind of graphic) but yeah it sucks!!

did you find the clove oil at all?? i hope so because it really really helps!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)