Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know where else to post this... **EDIT**

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:26 AM
  • 17 Replies

Has anyone (any of you) ever gotten pregnant when using condoms? My son was born in October, and my fiance and I didn't wait long at all to begin to have sex again. (We did it once at 3 weeks post partum, twice around 4 weeks postpartum, and a few times since then (he is now 8 weeks old).) We have used condoms every time. I haven't been to the 6 week checkup yet because during week 6 my doctor was gone, and week 7 I was out of town, but I do plan on going this week. For the past couple of weeks I have just had this feeling that im pregnant, but I haven't been able to make it down to the store yet to get a test.

I'm sorry, I hate the "do you think im pregnant posts" I don't mean it to come off like that, but have you ever gotten pregnant when you were using condoms?

**EDIT*** I got a test from the $1 store today, and it came up negative. I don't know how accurate they really are, but thats my update so far. Thanks everyone.

Thank you

Randi- One Blessed MaMa & Soon To Be Wife
      in love   toddler girl   baby boy

Randi & Caleb   Emma Grace   Ethan Carter
          4*7*06         4*15*07       10*17*09

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:51 AM

i got pregnant while using birth control and condoms!

glenda09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:59 AM

I have heard about that happening but didnt to me. It can happen! Let us know if you are!

Glenda

No dream is too big when you work from home!  http://www.workathomeunited.com/glenda09 

http://www.diaperjunction.com/?AffId=15" GET FREE Diapers at Diaper Junction!

livingrlovesong
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM

oh dear.

Quoting lauratupper:

livingrlovesong
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM

Thanks. Im going to go get a test tomorrow, so I will let you know! :)

Quoting glenda09:

I have heard about that happening but didnt to me. It can happen! Let us know if you are!

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:55 AM

It IS possible- sometimes they can have a defect(not often) or if you aren't using them "correctly" they can be less effective. If he is still going through the motions, or rests for a second after his spermies have been released- its totally possible! As SOON as the man cums he is supposed to grab the base of the condom to insure there isn't any leakage and pull out...I don't know about you guys but I know that when my ex and I were using them this hardly(if ever!) happened. But they worked for us! Best of luck, hopefully its just hormones and your mind playin tricks on you ;)

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

buryherdead
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I haven't but a friend of mine has.. Her daughter is 2 now.. They were planning on TTC after they went on a trip to Jamacia so they could enjoy their time & she would be able to drink if she wante, then she found out the week before they went that she was pregnant. She wasn't on BC, they just used condoms all the time.

poetesse86
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I got pregnant using condoms. Total suprise! Let us know what you find out!

acissejessica
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 AM

same here, but my birth control was later recalled

Quoting lauratupper:

I'm Slow

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

Jessica, Pregnancy Group Mod

marriedmomma3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:05 AM

condoms are not fool proof... I have a condom baby and a BC baby... this one was a what ever happens happens baby....  But I am not stupid. No matter what we are using, BC or condoms, dont allow him to cum in me if I am at a time where I think I could get pregnant

pregnancy

baby

babies
marinewife0311
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 AM

not to me personally but my friend. twice. once was right after she had her last one. she was like a month old and she got preggers again. shes not looking forwrd to having 4 kids under 5 but thats whats givin to you. you will do fine. just take a test or have the dr run blood work to know for sure. hope everything turns out the way you want. i would use another method of birth control with the condoms if you are sure you dont want kids right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)