Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be amniotic fluid?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:58 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi .. 

So I am 32 weeks pregnant, and today I had a little bit of watery discharge, it didnt smell like anything.. and was clear.. but now I am wondering if its normal to have something like that, especially that its the last trimester, and everyone says that the discharge increases, or am I leaking amniotic fluid??? 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
glenda09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:03 AM

I have also had that Im 32 weeks and 5 days. The last time i went in I told my Dr and she said that everything was fine and sometimes later discharge increases I asked if it increases to where my panties are wet and she said yes that can be normal. I wear panty liners now because of it.

amber0678
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:50 AM

i hate to be gross and this is probly TMI, but i've had heavy discharge nearly this whole pregnancy! this is my fourth, and it's definitely getting worse in the 3rd trimester....it is normal, tho.

CafeMom Tickers

buryherdead
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I think what she is referring to is diff than the normal pregnancy discharge you are talking about. I've had 3 kids of discharge with pregnancy.. The normal discharge the entire time.. (almost like what comes before a period), a 'sinus infection' looking discharge - to which i believe is/was my plug, and the watery discharge.. I'm almost 36 weeks and I've had a couple days of that.. Its just been a tiny bit too so I don't really think its anything to worry about.. my Dr isn't concerned and baby is just as active as ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)