Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nesting??

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:42 AM
  • 13 Replies

So, I'm only 22wks and I have NO idea when the nesting is supposed to start but I thought it started in the 3rd trimester... However, yesterday I had this overwhelming urge to clean! I cleaned Elijah's room and reorganized it a bit; I cleaned our bedroom and de-cluttered some areas and vacuumed and started laundry (at 7p!).. I was just a cleaning machine!! I had SO much energy and that's all I wanted to do.. Could it have been nesting?? I'm highly doubting it but thought I'd ask.. :o)

Saturday, I went out shopping w/my sister and we had a snack at the mall (3 chicken fingers, a thing of fries between Elijah & I), and then MAYBE an hour later I was HUNGRY! Someone walked by w/some pizza and I said "Oo, pizza" and Rissa (my sister) says "Didn't we just eat?" and I say "Yeah" she just laughs and says "preggo!" LOL

pregnancy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkmeier8909
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM

i don't know when nesting is supposed to start but i do the whole cleaning thing all the time cuz i have energy to waste for is my husband is home some night i get up in the middle of the night and clean if i can't sleep. and i'm hungry all the time no matter if i just ate or not.

CafeMom Tickers
acissejessica
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:45 AM

This is funny. I had random DAYS of nesting thruout my first pregnancy. I would have days where I was like yea, whatever, if the house gets clean fine, if it doesnt fine, then other days I was like you, a cleaning machine! The food thing is funny but true!

I'm Slow

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

Jessica, Pregnancy Group Mod

Kaibutsu
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I never got that way with my first pregnancy but I hope I do this time! I need to clean!

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I had the cleaning urges in the last trimester however two weeks before I gave birth, I cleaned,cleaned,cleaned everyday. I cleaned EVERYTHING!!

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM

i use to be like this even before i was pregnant.....so to be, its normal for a day or two here and there just to want to CLEAN! and get it done. i am 34weeks and havent gone thru nesting yet. in my mind i have a HUGE list of what i need to do, and needs to get done before Bryant comes, but i havent acted on it yet......so i guess once i do, i will know he is coming! LOL

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

rileysmommy229
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM

idk when it is supposed to start but the only time i had the "nesting" was the night before my son was born!

LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Every woman is different. I went through a nesting phase and still kinda going through it. It started at 17 weeks. But the plus side, the earlier it starts the cleaner the house will be when the baby comes.... lol... Thats at least what my husband says.

pregnancy calendar
lovinbrianne
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Nesting periods came and went with me throughout my entire pregnancy. It really all depended on how I felt but I do remember towards the end of it, I went into super cleaning and organizing-mode. My daughter is 11 months old now and I sure wish I still had those tendencies to get up and get organized! Ha! If you live in close quarters, Apartment Home Living has some great ideas and tips for storage and just being neat in general. Since the nesting phase soon lingers off once you have your baby, this site helped me get motivated. Good stuff!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I don't remember ever having it w/Elijah.. I mean, I would make sure things were done and clean but that was just b/c I was REALLY looking forward to him coming, so I don't know if I know what nesting really is.. :o)

Army_Wife41
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM

It started earlier for me this time too. I am 26 weeks, and I had the worst nesting instinct this past Saturday lol. I got up, fed my son, ate some breakfast, and started cleaning. I didn't stop until well past dinner time that night.

I think nesting can set in at any time. For my mom, she started nesting with my sister 3 days before giving birth. lol

baby

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)