Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potting benches....does anyone know where I can find an inexpensive one?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

I saw a neat idea in a magazine about using a potting bench as a chancing table. It provides more storage and can also be used later for other things. Ive been trying to find an inexpensive one but so far no luck. Any idea?

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:01 AM

thats kinda a good idea.......does it have drawers thou? it doesnt seem much like it would give u more, would it?

you could check out goodwills and such. they would prob need to be re-done, but that way they can have your own personal touch

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

sparklebug86
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM

some may drawers but i was thinking using storage baskets

Quoting K.a.C.87:

thats kinda a good idea.......does it have drawers thou? it doesnt seem much like it would give u more, would it?

you could check out goodwills and such. they would prob need to be re-done, but that way they can have your own personal touch

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
2009mami2alex
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM

i dont know what either of those are lol

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:23 PM

lol i had to google it!

Quoting 2009mami2alex:

i dont know what either of those are lol

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

millermom07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM

When I googled it (I wasn't sure what it was either) this was the cheapest one I saw.  Guess its still cheaper than a changing table because most I've seen are over $100.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2965649&CAWELAID=145378327

p.s. I can't figure out why it won't let me do a clickable link.  I clicked on insert link and it shows it on there when I click edit post, but it doesn't show up in my actual post.  I've been having this issue alot so if anyone can explain that to me, I'd be grateful :)

S@R@H

playing soccer girl  girl on a swing  ice cream      

Skyler (11)              Ashley (9)               Dalton (8)     

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:07 PM

cheapest one (changing table) i seen on walmart was $75.

i think the dresser changing tables are best. that way it can be used as a dresser once u arent using it as a changing table anymore, do u get double use out of it....jmo thou :)

Quoting millermom07:

When I googled it (I wasn't sure what it was either) this was the cheapest one I saw.  Guess its still cheaper than a changing table because most I've seen are over $100.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2965649&CAWELAID=145378327

p.s. I can't figure out why it won't let me do a clickable link.  I clicked on insert link and it shows it on there when I click edit post, but it doesn't show up in my actual post.  I've been having this issue alot so if anyone can explain that to me, I'd be grateful :)

millermom07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I agree with you here... lol  Or I'm fine with a regular changing table because it can still be used as storage later also.  Works great in a closet with baskets on the shelves to hold toys, clothes, etc.

And I was just looking online and Wal-Mart and they have a crib (the 4 in 1), changing table (regular with just shelves) and a small dresser (looks the size of a side table with 3 drawers) for $250.  Its online only, but you can do the site to store with free delivery.  I think this is a good deal unless the BSF (BrightStart Furniture) brand isn't a good one because cribs and changing tables just cost so much.  And we don't have any of that or a dresser of any kind because my youngest is 8 so we are basically starting over right now. lol

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12330429

Quoting K.a.C.87:

cheapest one (changing table) i seen on walmart was $75.

i think the dresser changing tables are best. that way it can be used as a dresser once u arent using it as a changing table anymore, do u get double use out of it....jmo thou :)

Quoting millermom07:

S@R@H

playing soccer girl  girl on a swing  ice cream      

Skyler (11)              Ashley (9)               Dalton (8)     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)