• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Constant thirst, shortness of breath?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

The last few days i've been feeling extremely thirsty.. I've had four bottles of water today, a gatorade, and an apple juice and it hasn't subsided! No matter how much I drink, I feel totally drained and like I haven't had anything in days. I'm also short of breath today.. haven't had a cold or sneeze in months.

Anyone had this before? is it normal for 8wks? Should I call the doctor? I don't want to call and have them think i'm overreacting or something.

I posted this in my due month group, but this is a more active forum, and I might get different answers here.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
katznkt
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM

The shortness of breath is normal and fine. I still get it occasionally where I will pause and pant until I get it under control. 

The extreme thirst isn't so normal. It can be a symptom for many different things. I would definitely mention both to your doctor. Maybe anemia? Anemia can cause both symptoms I believe. Google it. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our new addition!

Chick
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I have both in the first trimester and this is my third pg. The shortness of breath is one I really do not understand bc it's not from yours or babies size yet, so I don't know why but I have it every time. It gets better near the end of the first trimester, I am 12 weeks and it's gone now. It's the worst around 7-10ish weeks. Then it gets bad again in the third lol. The extreme thirst went away already as well. Just sip on water all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)