Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll for all those who've miscarried

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have some sort on indication that you were miscarrying (bleeding, cramping, etc...) or did you not suspect anything and found out during a routine appt?

Options:

Had "symptoms"

Didn't suspect anything

other please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Did you have some sort of indication that you were miscarrying (bleeding, cramping, etc....) or did you not suspect anything and found out during a routine appt?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canterburymom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM

i woke up one morning getting ready to go to nursing school & woke up in a PILE of dark red blood with clots n it 

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I was spotting blood and my doctor thought I was fine. We did an ultrasound and the baby looked fine and 3 days later I was still spotting and the ultrasound done that day showed no heartbeat. My doctor wanted me to go to the hospital to get a better view but I told him no because I saw it clear as day 3 days ago and now nothing. I knew what was going on and that was it.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

Randi02
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I have had 5 miscarriages. The ones after about 8 weeks were watery and more brown bleeding followed by cramping.

The earlier ones were intense cramping and pressure with heavy bleeding. One of them was a complete miscarriage, and I only bled for about 8 hours with that one and then it was over.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

acissejessica
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I had lots and lots of red blood and serious, keel over in pain, take me to the er right now pain, then again, i had a blood clot, so the red blood was my blood, not the miscarage, so you cant go by my experience i guess

I'm Slow

Join us in the Pregnancy Group

Jessica, Pregnancy Group Mod

housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I would have had no idea. My midwife told me I would because of my blood test's but other than that I felt the most symtoms with that pregnancy.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM

My first one I was 4wks. I had just taken a test and the next day I started bleeding I knew something was wrong. The 2nd one I was 12 wks. and went in for my ob visit. They couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler but I didn't think anything of it and was excited to see the baby on the u/s. When they did the u/s I could tell the baby was to small. The baby's heart stopped at 9wks. 5days. I had to get pills to start the miscarriage.

Denise 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
laytonslilmomma
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM

My first one was at 8 weeks and started with spotting and followed with intense cramping and bleeding with clots over about 3 days. The 2nd one I had no idea and went in for a US at 8 weeks and found out we had two sacs - one with a miscarrying baby and the other was empty (a blighted ovum). The empty sac stuck and had to be surgically removed through D&C. That's why I put other.

jbanks809
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:45 AM

i had 2, the first at 10 weeks & the second at 12 weeks, with both of them i started spotting, within 20minutes i had intense cramps & lost the baby within an hour after that, they both happened so quickly that i barely had time to make it to er

MomNtheRes
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:54 AM

My back had been sore, but I didn't think anything of it. I had VERY light spotting, but called my dr anyway, b/c I didn't have any with my dd. I went in and they did an u/s and told me either I wasn't as far along as I thought or the embryo had stopped developing at 5w(I was 7). They had me come back a week later- during which I had no spotting but excruciating back pain. At the next ultrasound there had been zero development, but because my HCG was still rising they did a D&C. Looking back there had been very small signs that things weren't going well, but it wasn't until this pregnancy when signs started kicking in that hadn't with the last one that I realized it.

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

queenamy
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:16 AM

i had tan colored discharge.. the next morning bleeding

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia(RIP 09/05-11/09), Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)