Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a present for a new daddy..

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok girls..i have a question. what is a nice present for a new dad? moms always get the flowers and presents....i want to get something special for shawn when our little leah is born and my brain is frozen...after all if it werent for him as well, she wouldnt be on the way...

he doesnt wear jewelry so a dad ring is out of the question...i just want to do something nice for him:)

any ideas are appreciated:)

thanks!!

jenn

How`s my pregnancy doing?
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I'm not really sure. What does he like to eat? What does he do for a living? What are his interests or hobbies?

jennparker252
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM

thats what ive been throwing around in my head..hes a police officer...and with my due date being so close to xmas i wanted to do something a little more sentimental than xbox stuff or clothes? i am at a loss..lol..i just feel bad cause its like moms get the flowers and presents and the dads dont...

Quoting Pandapanda:

I'm not really sure. What does he like to eat? What does he do for a living? What are his interests or hobbies?

housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Not sure, here is a bump for you.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

jennparker252
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM

lol..thank you:) ive asked my girl friends and they didnt do anything for their hubbies or SO...so i feel stuck..

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Not sure, here is a bump for you.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Well, I've already planned with my MIL to have my SO's favorite meal done when we come home from the hospital. Maybe see if someone in his or your family can do that, or maybe make a special occasion dessert that isn't Christmas related. I'm not due until July, but I would try to separate Christmas and a birth gift. (My mom's bday is Dec 24th, she hated birthday and Christmas to be an all-in-one thing, but thats a different story)

Maybe before the baby is born, go somewhere he likes and spend a special evening with him. I also saw somewhere a "Daddy and Me" baby album book, it was cute.. for those special father child moments and memories. I'll have to try to find it again, it was a great idea.

Quoting jennparker252:

thats what ive been throwing around in my head..hes a police officer...and with my due date being so close to xmas i wanted to do something a little more sentimental than xbox stuff or clothes? i am at a loss..lol..i just feel bad cause its like moms get the flowers and presents and the dads dont...

Quoting Pandapanda:

nini0315
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM

My dad is a police officer and my sister wanted to get him a nice gift when his first grandson was born. She found a statuet of a Police officer holding a baby. It was beautiful and right up my dads alley. Im not sure where she found it, but something like that would be great. Also what about having something engraved? Thingsremembered.com has a lot of cool stuff. My idea for dad would be a pen (since police officers keep the in the chest pocket) you can have something sweet engraved that would make him think of baby Leah everytime he uses it. Hope this was helpful.

CafeMom Tickers
StarMommy06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Im getting my husband a tattoo. He wants to get "Paizlee" spelt on toy blocks on his arm. So that will be my gift to him.

StarMommy06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM

You could get something like this for in her nursery.

http://www.esbuys.com/children-and-baby/furniture/rocking-chairs-1/our-little-hero-rocker-policeman.html

jennparker252
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM

you ladies are awsome!!:) unfortunately our families are in pa and nj...we joke and say we live on misfit island..lol..but there are some great ideas on here!!! BIG THANK YOUS!!!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM

What about a T-shirt w/her name, birth date and hand & foot prints?? Would he wear that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)