• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr. stripped my membranes today.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am 40  weeks and still 2 cm. The doctor stripped my membranes about 2 hours ago. Anyone have any success with this?

sleighRemember it is better to give than receive:) 

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2brats1chkymnky
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I got mine stripped(w/o my knowledge) with my last pregnancy. It happened to be Halloween so I took my kids trick-or-treating and on Nov 2nd my son was born. I was 39 weeks 1 day pg.

3Jsmom6710
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I will honestly say that with my first DD, they stripped my membranes twice and I still had to have a full induction done!!  She ended up being born 10 days after her due date and my membranes were stripped 2 and 3 weeks before my induction!!

So I said that to say this.........it doesn't always work and you may still have to wait!

Good luck!

Amanda~CDing, BWing, BFing, CSing, vaxing, anti-circ, non-CIO, ERFing, AP mom to Jade(2/06), Jorja(10/07) and Baby J(due 6/10).  GO TEAM BLUE!!

Fuzzi Bunz at Nurtured Family

buryherdead
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM

With my first I got my membranes stripped at my appointment on Wed afternoon.. I had my baby thurs night at 11pm & I was 38 weeks. BTW my dr told me I might bleed a little bit after stripping them.. but I spotted from the time he did it until the next day & was in hardcore pain..

MamaKalila
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

It will only work if the baby is ready to be born... I had it done at 41 weeks w/ my first pregnancy and went into labour a few hours afterwards (active labour early the next morning).

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket http://www.youravon.com/kmery
annaica
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM
??? WHAT is stripping membranes??? HOW on earth does it happen?
youngnconfused
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:16 PM

With my son i got my stripped and within 48 hours I was in labor, I was also 2 cm when she did it and 80% effaced.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)