Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible Iducement on Friday. Some questions for you ladies...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have the option to cancel the inducement. My DD is this coming Monday the Dr "thinks" I will have the baby around Christmas and is giving me the option of planning this birth if I would like. This is my first child, and although the Dr is a professional and has educated me on what will take place and my friend has been recently induced and everything went very well I just wanted to hear from some who may have had this experience or know of anyone and see what you all think. If I decide to decline this offer I will have to let my MD know by the end of the day as Friday is his "surgery"day and if someone else can get that slot then great! My Hubby is like a kid and of course is leaving the choice to me, but he wants it to be so bad!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2009mami2alex
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Do you know the risks of an induction? Would you really want to have these risks, if you dont HAVE to? dont get me wrong, every induction doesnt go wrong, i had one that was pretty good, but i would NEVER EVERRRR have one if i didnt have to, too many risks!!!!

housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I have had wonderful inductions. What are your concerns about one? Will you want a drug free birth?

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

kylismomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM

The decision is ultimately up to you. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. However, pitocin tends to make the labor process and contractions more intense and painful. You're so close to the end, your baby will be here soon no matter what you decide. Good luck, i hope you have a wonderful labor experience!! =D

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
pregnancy
canterburymom
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:24 PM

you have heard good & bad well my story isn't that great but you wanna know...lol my friend was induced with her first daughter & she was in labor for 13 hr. they broke her water & she said it hurt like hell & then she had a c-section with her second daughter & i am also on my ssecond c-section...but good luck! 

marynash88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:32 PM

If you can, I would totally avoid an induction if its not for medical reasons. I was induced with my DD when I found out my husband would be out of town all around my due date. I was scared and worried that I couldnt do it without him. I was induced at 5 am (already 2 cm and 50% effaced and also having contrax 5 min apart) with pitocin, they broke my water at 6 am and the horrible contractions started then. Luckly I was able to manage with just a dose of stadol but *most* women have to get an epidural because the pain is so bad. Luckly 12 hrs later, I had my DD with very few complications. The biggest drawback is I was very restricted. I had to stay on continuous monitoring because pitocin makes your contrax harder and faster so they have to watch for distress in baby. They also had to constantly put fluids in me so I had to pee often but they wouldnt let me out of bed.. can I say hello bedpan? That doesnt happen at every hospital but it did mine.

Now for my sis in law and step mom... they both had sorry inductions.

Both induced 2 weeks before duedate... both ended up having to get an epidual (an they both needed multiple because the others didnt take), both had a failure to progress after stalling at around 5-6 cm.. both had csections. Both wanted to bfeed but couldnt after the csection because of milk supply. And both of their births happened 2 months from eachother. 

If you can avoid, I would. It is normal for a 1st time mom to go into labor a little later than your due date. If you want to try to speed things up, have lots and lots of sex and go walking or swinging.. something to get gravity to help.

MJWard
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Dangerous question to ask in this group..lol jk

IMO If you have questions or concerns DEF dont hesitate to ask your Dr. Its hard to ask the opinion of other mothers because your going to get a mix of answers about how it went for them..or your going to get a snooty reply about why you would want to do that.

I was induced with my son because I was a week late high BP and swelling from pre eclampsia. For me it was 26 hrs but it was also my first child. You can go into labor on your own and take just as long. I wish you the best of luck :O)

pregnancy calendar

rileysmommy229
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM

tough decision..i probably would go for the induction. i was induced with my first and was in labor for 9 hours and everything went smoothly.

rileysmomma17

I personally wouldnt unless there was something wrong and needed to get induced. I love playing the waiting game though. I dont want to plan my babys birthday i want her to naturally come. Your soooo close why not just letting mother nature do her thing? Good luck with everything!

Pregnancy%20ticker

rockinmomto2

If you can avoid it, please do. I was never induced, but I was given pitocin with my first two births, and it made my labor longer and more intense than it should have been. I just had my third baby on the 3rd, and I had scheduled an induction (she was a week late), but she decided to come that morning instead of waiting. My labor with her was just under 12 hours, compared with 14.5 for my first and 22 hours for my second. If I were you, I'd wait until you're at least a week overdue, and then revisit the issue. Like I said, my 3rd was a week late. My second was also late, but only a few days. Good luck with whatever you choose! 

marriedmomma3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I just think that your dr doesnt want to work on christmas.  There is no medical reason to be induced on your due date

pregnancy

baby

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)