• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

urgent question!!! please! PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi ladies, it has been a LONG time since i've been on the site but i need a bit of advice and quick, mostly to calm my nerves.

Brief background- i miscarried at 19 weeks in july of 08- did autopsy and tons of tests, no results.. baby was healthy

miscarried at 11 weeks, twins measured 8 weeks- did chromosomal tests, no results. babies were fine.

I am pregnant a third time. I am around 9 weeks at the moment. I have a new doctor, due to the fact that i moved across country to be with my husband who is in the army.  I had my first ultrasound a week and three days ago. Baby looked perfect.  I had a blood test done this past thursday to check my progesterone levels (i have no idea why THIS doctor's lightbulb went on and the others didnt) and the doctor called friday to tell me that my levels were low. I started 25 mg of Progesterone Suppositories twice a day on friday. I have an ultrasound today. I am extremely worried that my progesterone levels are low because i already lost the baby. Is that possible?? Or am i worrying for nothing and the baby is probably still ok? I did a lot of research of other women who were in the same predicament and came across many different results. Any advice?? Please, any is appreciated.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scygirl06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM

bump!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM

No idea, but here's a bump for you.

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

MJWard
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Im not sure. but I have heard of many women taking progesterone during pregnancy to keep them from losing the child. I say relax and hopefully ur Drs "light bulb" moment happened soon enough to get you though this pregnancy :O) I wish you the very best of luck!!

pregnancy calendar

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I'm w/them, sorry! I have no idea.. I hope things go your way though and the shots (or are they pills?) work for you!

Quoting K.a.C.87:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM

My sister lost her first pregnancy due to low progesterone levels, the baby was fine according to the autopsy. When she got pregnant with my niece the doctors tested her levels and put her on progesterone, I believe she was only on it for the first few months, my niece is now 2 1/2 years old and healthy as a horse. good luck!

Mommy to Chloe, Wyatt & #3 on its way!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Just relax and take it one day at a time. Some doctors forget to check the simple things like that. Hopefully everything will be fine for you this time around, I am so sorry to hear about your losses I know that has to be hard and screwing with you this time. Just share your concerns with your doctor and see what he suggests besides what you are doing. Im sure your doctor shares your concerns right now with you being prone to miscarriages.

Like I said I don't know what your going through, but I am sorry you are going through all of this. Just look on the bright side, right now from what your doctor can tell your baby is healthy and perfect. Just keep us updated on what he has to say.

pregnancy calendar
sbcbiker112
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I would just try and relax. Hopefully this dr figured it out soon enough to stop any potential problem. I understand your pain of your losses. I was told with my first pregnancy at my first visit that the dr didnt expect me to keep the baby to term and a few weeks later i lost the baby so i wonder why the dr didnt try to keep my baby alive. Atleast yours is trying. I wish you the best of luck but remember just to relax. worrying doesnt help. :]

scygirl06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM

The baby is fine :) Im measuring 9 weeks 1 day- right on target. Thank you for all your advice and support. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

TheMillerFamily
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I know that alot of doctors don't always run levels. Mine doesn't. Maybe that is why you lost the other babies but maybe since the doc caught it so early this time you will have a Healthy pregnancy and baby.

I will pray for you. Im sorry for you losses :(

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)