• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any one else keeping the name a secret? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

If you are what are you telling people? I feel bad for lying but we really don't want people to know what we've decided. We've been telling them that we haven't picked a name yet.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MJWard
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Yup! I havent even posted it on here yet :O) a very few ppl know her name and thats how it will stay until she is born! I just tell ppl that we are keeping it a surprise..makes some ppl mad but I could care less..its MY baby :O)

pregnancy calendar

Armywife6
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I'm with you I haven't posted it on here yet either. lol. Honestly the only people who know his name are my DH, my DS (although he won't remember it lol, he's 20 months) & myself. I didn't want to find out the gender but he had other plans lol, so this is the next best thing for me to keep a surprise from everyone.

Quoting MJWard:

Yup! I havent even posted it on here yet :O) a very few ppl know her name and thats how it will stay until she is born! I just tell ppl that we are keeping it a surprise..makes some ppl mad but I could care less..its MY baby :O)

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

izaiahsmoma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM

With my first son, we hadn't even picked his name for sure when he was born (at 21weeks), so nobody knew. When we finially decided on a name for his twin brother (at 30 weeks) we decided to not tell anybody.  I few people guessed it, but were sworn to secretcy.  I just told people the truth, there are few true suprises in life and since we found out the gender, we wanted to keep something secret.  We weren't going to find out his our kids' gender either, but the second they said TWINS, I was scared to death that I wouldn't be prepared if I didn't find out.  Then with DD, I wanted a girl so bad I wanted to have time to let it settle.  EVERYBODY knew our DD's name at second I found out I was pregnant.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I've been telling lots of people, especially on here. I'm not good at keeping secrets and I really like the name we picked and am excited so, I'm telling people.. If you don't want to lie just tell them that you're keeping it a secret until the baby's born.. I'm sure they won't mind too terribly much.. If they do, tell them to shove it, b/c it's your baby, not theirs! :o)

sunshinemama86
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:59 PM

well we are keeping the gender and name a secret till Christmas.honestly we just found out we are having another girl and we are undecided on the name. we had our boy name all ready picked out but we are still torn with girl names.

gradysmom2006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

We don't tell the name.  It leaves something special just for us to have.  We aren't telling our son either because he won't understand the concept of keeping it a secret.  We just tell people we aren't telling.  Some people care but most don't.  I think it's just a normal question to ask someone, When are you due?  What are you having?  Have you picked a name?  I think people just ask to ask...not that they actually give a crap.

Pregnancy ticker
boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Nope Mine will be Hunter Edward! I was excited to tell everyone cause Edward is my DH's Dad's  name, so he will be carrying on that and our last name! Its all very exciting!

CafeMom Tickers
buryherdead
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I almost kept ours a secret.. I heard to my crap for DDs name before she was born (but of course everyone thinks its great for her now.. whatever, lol). I didn't feel like dealing with crap again.. I ended up telling a friend, who loved the name.. and then I realized everyone liked it.. Not like I care, its MY kid.. I just didn't feel like hearing peoples shitty comments about it just in case lol.

MelaniesMama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Well we are KINDA keeping it a secret.  We arent telling family members.  They alwyas have an opinion & I dont want to hear it!
I did tell the girls I work with what the name is though.  They wont tell me if they like it or not! lol

I just tell everybody its a secret she pops out!  We have lots of grumbling about it, but I really dont care!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)