Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gave them up

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Well I did something I thought Id never in a million years be able to do! I gave up french fries. Oldly enough I dont want them anymore the taste and smell makes me sick. So I have replace FF with carrot sticks. To my surprise I ate half a bag for a mid morning snack and all I can say is YUMMY!!!!

So what foods have you turned away from and what have you replaced them with?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NordicAngel
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I suddenly can't stand anything with a "tang" to it... ketchup, pickles, mustard, anything like that. It's weird because I craved anything with ketchup last time I was pregnant. I wanted waffles so badly yesterday and SO made some while I was in the shower. :)   I seem to be preferring more bland foods lately.

CafeMom Tickers
MaKennaMama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:11 PM

I didn't give anything up that I can think of but I started eating foods I normally hate. Like steaks and peanut butter. I also didn't have a big sweet tooth but since being pregnant I want chocolate chip cookies and pancakes.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I haven't really switched anything out.. I just don't crave McD's all the dang time like I did w/Elijah.. I'm craving hot dogs instead.

Ammie25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Quoting nini0315:

Well I did something I thought Id never in a million years be able to do! I gave up french fries. Oldly enough I dont want them anymore the taste and smell makes me sick. So I have replace FF with carrot sticks. To my surprise I ate half a bag for a mid morning snack and all I can say is YUMMY!!!!

So what foods have you turned away from and what have you replaced them with?

Funny you had this problem! With my first pregnancy, I craved french fries morning, noon and night. I would be 10 minutes late for work because I HAD to go get my fries. Ha ha! At the time, I didn't know any better and continued til my son was born. Funny part about it, is he's 6 years old, and for the most part, hasn't touched potatoes in any way, shape or form. Anytime he eats a type of potatoe, I am suprised, and I only have myself to blame! :)

With this pregnancy, I can't say I've craved anything "bad" enough to have to give up. I've only craved bananas and eggs, so I'd have to say those are both pretty healthy. No sugar, chocolate, or salt, which is odd because before pregnancy I was a chocoholic, and I always had a stash of salty chips. Otherwise, just thought it'd be fun to share my french fry story. :)

newbiestepmama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I have always liked burgers but since I've been preggo, the thought of eating one makes me sick. I can't make myself even try one without wanting to throw up. lol  

pregnancy
hannamanmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I have been the same way! Burgers and BBQ were my favorite until I got pregnant. I do crave salt a lot but whenever I want something salty I eat a piece of fruit and drink water.

Quoting newbiestepmama:

I have always liked burgers but since I've been preggo, the thought of eating one makes me sick. I can't make myself even try one without wanting to throw up. lol  

SpiritedTigress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I have worshiped Oreos since I was like 5. Half way through the middle of my first pregnancy, I couldnt stand them anymore!
I also like McDonalds fries inside my Cheesburger. I took one bite in the beginning of my thrid trimester with baby #2 and nearly threw up.
I also started liking Chinese food. Now I hate it again :D

tdenotter
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I used to crave steak and red meat BEEF!!! with both my girls and now I can not even stand the taste. However I am in love with a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich with chocolate syrup in the middle! mmmmmm I am also big into pinapple, grapefruit, apples and cereal!

tristangirl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM

nothing that I have given up but the things that I crave the most are things that I could not stand before being pregnant. I NEVER liked onions and now I crave raw red onions I eat them on everything (no they dont give me heartburn) I also HATED mayo but now I crave chickfila just so I can put mayo on my chicken sandwich I also mix mayo and ketchup for my french fries. I love corn and could never stand it before. So wierd what pregnancy will do to you!

HMHUTSON
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I'll eat just about anything that looks yummy, if you even put food near me I will eat it... I'm hungry, for everything.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)