Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inducing Question?? update new question

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

went to dr today and they had me hooked up to the monitor because i was worried hadnt felt her move all morning everything looked fine on the monitor and then she finall started moving around. we were talking about the possibility of inducing me for several reasons most important one to me is so that my hubby is home (truck driver only gets to come home about every 3 or 4 weeks and only for a couple of days) but what i am wondering about is my dr said that he WANTS me to go early (2-3 weeks early) because of my thryoid problem we still cant get it under control (have had problems since i was little before i got pregnant i really never rememberd to take my synthroid) but im wondering if any of u had ever head of inducing or a dr wanting you to go early because of thryoid problem????

Anyone know what the reason behind inducing because of thryoid problems would be????

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sissychristi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Not sure about that. 2-3 weeks seems extremely excessive if you ask me, considering due dates are estimates and could be off by up to 2 weeks, making that a potential of delivering and actual 4-5 weeks early.

Here's a bump.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Actually, I asked my doctor some questions at my last appt, and one was "Under what circumstances would you induce labor?" Her answer was hypertension, extreme pain, overdue by one week, or if I was to have thyroid problems. I didn' go into detail as of why, but I guess it's not uncommon.

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:01 PM

if the benifits for mother an baby outweigh the risks yes they will induce early..most docs wait till atleast 38wks. and when a doc says they are going to induce u early its usually talking from 40wks. so 2-3wks b4 40wks is 37-38wks..if ur LO is measuring on track with ur LMP EDD i wouldnt worry about it being to soon..and u never know baby may decide to come on its own b4 u can be induced.. 

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

angel0185
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM

bump

angel0185
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:56 PM

anyone got any ideas on why he would want to induce that early because of thryoid problems

by the way i was only wanting him to induce me  between 39 and 40 if she wasnt already here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)