• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3d Ultrasounds?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I was thinking about getting one of those 3d ultrasounds done at a commercial place (not the hospital.) Has anyone else done one of these? I was reading that they might not be safe, so I was just wondering. I was going to be doing it in the San Diego area. Has anyone had one done in the are and know of a good place? Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sassired8
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I had one done with ds 2 yrs ago and he's fine.... 

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM

i had 3d U/S's with both of my kids. they r done through a place at the hospital though. if i would have had the money and not had them done at the hospital i would have gone to the place here that does them for fun..there are some ppl who think U/S's are not safe because they dont know wut it could be doing to the baby. its soundwaves. and there have been many many women who have had them once a wk for months to check the baby and their babies are fine..my kids are fine and i had 3with my first and 2 or 3 with my second.. 

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

gradysmom2006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

The 3d is no more harmful than a 2d.  It's the same technology, just different software.  If you are okay with 2d scans...3d should be acceptable to you as well. 

I had one done this time because I thought this may be my last pregnancy and I don't want to look back and wish I had done something else. 

My pics turned out great.

Here they are:

Pregnancy ticker
mustangharms
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Those are great pics. Yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and do one of them if I can convince my husband, but that should be easy...lol

Quoting gradysmom2006:

The 3d is no more harmful than a 2d.  It's the same technology, just different software.  If you are okay with 2d scans...3d should be acceptable to you as well. 

I had one done this time because I thought this may be my last pregnancy and I don't want to look back and wish I had done something else. 

My pics turned out great.

Here they are:

3d-ultrasounds
by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I own and operate a 3D non-diagnostic ultrasound company in PA.  We can usually get good pictures from weeks 26-35; however, each mother is unique.  To quote Baraba Dehn, nurse practitioner and author/speaker ... "Ultrasounds have been performed for over 25 years and have yet to show injury to the unborn child."

I hope you are able to experience the wonder of your child before it was born.

doulala
by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Quoting mustangharms:

So I was thinking about getting one of those 3d ultrasounds done at a commercial place (not the hospital.) Has anyone else done one of these? I was reading that they might not be safe, so I was just wondering.

I read this, too~   If you don't need to do it then it seems worth avoiding, so no, I didn't do any.   We always weigh our risks, right?

Good luck!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

PregoDiana
by on Jan. 17, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I had one done with my 1st, and plan to do it with this one too!  They are just priceless!  But I had it done at my Dr's office.  I hvae heard though that through the private places, like people at the mall, etc. may be harmful because they use too high of soundwaves, mainly, they dont do it correctly, and this can cause harm  So i personally wouldnt do it anywhere other than my Dr's office.

Here are some from my son taken in 08 when he was 30 weeks

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM

honestly you are probably to far along to get a 3d u/s done. I mean you can still do it but your picture will not turn out to good. the best time to do it is 28-32 weeks something like that.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)