Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ear piercing...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:37 PM
  • 19 Replies

So im having my baby girl in less than a week, im wondering to those of you who have baby girls, how long did u wait to pierce their ears??? is there an specific age they should be and where did u take them?? im originally from mexico and all the little girls i know from my family were born there, and baby girls come out of the hospital with earings already (depending on the parents choice ofcourse) , i know my mother in law took her baby to claire's but not sure about that place...... !?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gradysmom2006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Ear piercing isn't done at the hospital...at least not any hospital I've ever heard of.  That won't be an option for your probably.

I would like to do it before she's a year old..but I prefer babies to have hair before their ears are pierced, it looks better to me.  I have no idea where we'd go. 

Pregnancy ticker
Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Quoting MrS96sS:

So im having my baby girl in less than a week, im wondering to those of you who have baby girls, how long did u wait to pierce their ears???6 Months...  is there an specific age they should be and where did u take them??I think it is no sooner than 6 weks! im originally from mexico and all the little girls i know from my family were born there, and baby girls come out of the hospital with earings already (depending on the parents choice ofcourse) , i know my mother in law took her baby to claire's but not sure about that place...... !?I took Courtney to an ear piercing botique specializing in CHILDREN... but I got mine done at Claires.. lol... I say do it when YOU think the time is right... DH didnt want to be there for Courtneys ear peircing.. so I did it while he was gone at school :)

Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM

THis is dd with her ears done...

we are getting her new earrings SOON :) 

marineswashing dishesfloating in pool

Dad- United States Marine, Mom- Stay-At-Home-Mommy, Courtney- Birthday March 11, 2009

MrS96sS
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM

thanks....! where u asked for a shot record?? when u took her, i hope my DH does want to be there, i want him to hold her, i cant stand when they are in pain and cry....not even for shots! i just feel like Claires is more for adults and idk where u live but here in my city the girls who work at claires are mostly teens so i dnt trust them piercing  a baby's ear...lol.....!

Quoting Vandyswife:

Quoting MrS96sS:

So im having my baby girl in less than a week, im wondering to those of you who have baby girls, how long did u wait to pierce their ears???6 Months...  is there an specific age they should be and where did u take them??I think it is no sooner than 6 weks! im originally from mexico and all the little girls i know from my family were born there, and baby girls come out of the hospital with earings already (depending on the parents choice ofcourse) , i know my mother in law took her baby to claire's but not sure about that place...... !?I took Courtney to an ear piercing botique specializing in CHILDREN... but I got mine done at Claires.. lol... I say do it when YOU think the time is right... DH didnt want to be there for Courtneys ear peircing.. so I did it while he was gone at school :)

heather4387
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM

i had my dd done at 9 months i havent done my other dd yet but i was told after 2 months and after they have a certain immunization i cant think of what its called at the moment

Pandana
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I don't think that most states actually regulate the age at which it can be done, but the studio you choose will probably have their own policies. OCASSIONALLY you will find a pediatrician who can recommend a professional to do it in a medical setting where it is more sterile and more likely to be done properly, but the general pediatric recommendation is not to even get a cosmetic procedure done on an infant anyway, so you'd have to find a doctor that feels differently in order to get a recommendation for that. The secondary pediatric recommendation is to wait at least 2-3 months, since that's the minimum age at which they are likely to be able to fend off a minor infection.

Vandyswife
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

NO I was not asked for a shot record.. but I had it on me just in case.. lol

DD REALLY was only mad because she was being held down.. HAHA... she didnt even cry at all after we let her go.. lol...

try to find a piercing place that SPECIALIZE in piercing and or children!

Quoting MrS96sS:

thanks....! where u asked for a shot record?? when u took her, i hope my DH does want to be there, i want him to hold her, i cant stand when they are in pain and cry....not even for shots! i just feel like Claires is more for adults and idk where u live but here in my city the girls who work at claires are mostly teens so i dnt trust them piercing  a baby's ear...lol.....!

Quoting Vandyswife:

Quoting MrS96sS:

Destiny1403
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Hubby just talked to me about that since I am pregnant again. If its a girl he doesnt want her ears peirced until she is old enough to decide for herself. I kind of agree. JMO

LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I actually waited until my daughter was 4 and asked for them. Which was a huge hassle because she never left them alone and now she can't wear earrings.

pregnancy calendar
India-Monet
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Quoting gradysmom2006:

Ear piercing isn't done at the hospital...at least not any hospital I've ever heard of.  That won't be an option for your probably.

I would like to do it before she's a year old..but I prefer babies to have hair before their ears are pierced, it looks better to me.  I have no idea where we'd go. 

Hospitals did pierce ears up unitl the early 90's , especially in the South! I thought that was kind of weird but thats where all my older realitives got theirs done.. I would recomend asking your peditrician.. My mom said my Dr did my ears when I was a baby..  I'm having a girl too and wondered the same thing.. I am worried about when she gets older What if she didnt want pierced ears! I'm a little on the feminist side lol Good Luck! I wouldnt use a chain store either, dosen't seem sanitary. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)