Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot flashes???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone getting these? I keep getting so hot that I am sweating when everyone else is cold. It has been in the mid 20's to low 40's here, raining and earlier this week we got a light dust of snow so it is not hot here. I do not have a fever, I am actually cool to the touch but my body is sweating like a stuffed pig being roasted. It is making me feel really gross too. Anyone else feel like this?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JoyandLove
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Yes I get them all the time. 

sleighRemember it is better to give than receive:) 

heather4387
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:53 PM

i got them in the third trimester with the girls the dr told me its from the hormones and also i gained 75 pounds with my first and she said the extra body fat was keepin me warmer

jakesgal88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I didn't get them with my other three, but this time I have been getting them for like a month. I'm only 29wks, but with twins. I don't sweat but sometimes I start to feel sick to my stomach and so hot. I also live in a cold state and don't really sleep with a blanket at all!

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Sounds like me last year. I was pregnant all of winter (due 2/13, birth at 2/16). I went outside in the snow with nothing more than a sweater on the top of my body and I was completely warm! We had snow for weeks! Everyone else was bundled up like an eskimo lol.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping for at least 6 months, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, spanking as a last resort believing, anti-CIO until age 1, learning to cook, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, health care is a human right believing, part-time working opposite of husband's full-time shifts to not use daycare, trying to recycle more mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Justjaime3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I get them all the time.  last week we had a heating issue in our office and it was 52 degrees there.  everyone was all bundled up in their coats and i'm stripping down to a t-shirt i was so hot!!  LOL  people were looking at me like i was crazy!!

pregnancy week by week
jkmeier8909
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM

i actually noticed this week that i've been alot hotter than i was before. i can't take as hot of showers as i used to. it actually burns to take as hot of a shower as i used to. and i'm not running a fever either.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)