Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

call me crazy

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 44 Replies

well call me crazy but Iam  goin to try the red cabbage test and see what it say or whatever  yes I know its not a 4sure thing but just thought would be for fun lol thinkin blue oh please let it be a boy hahaha ill post a pic when Iam done ...wow I must sound nuts lol

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nini0315
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I plan on doing the red cabbage test. But I am waiting until after I find out the sex of the baby, thank God that is only 2 days away! I am also hoping for a boy!

CafeMom Tickers
linnymichlle
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM

aww thats cool let me know when u find out and ill be thinking blue for u lol yea I just want to try it I still have 2 months till I can found out sooo just thought I would try  good luck momma!!!

Quoting nini0315:

I plan on doing the red cabbage test. But I am waiting until after I find out the sex of the baby, thank God that is only 2 days away! I am also hoping for a boy!

LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:00 PM

ok you gotta fill me in on what on earth the red cabbage test  and how it works.... I have heard of the one where you use some kind of cleaner, and some other test, but never the red cabbage test....

Best of luck to you on getting your boy...

pregnancy calendar
shajdinyak
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM
I know someone did it on here recently and was getting an ultrasound soon. Did she ever tell us if it was accurrate?
Pandapanda
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM

She did update her thread, the ultrasound was very obviously a girl, and the cabbage test also predicted a girl. I'll try to find it and copy/paste the directions here.

linnymichlle
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Go to the store and buy a red cabbage. The size of the cabbage does not matter at all.

• Step 2

Cut the cabbage into big chunks. The smaller you cut the chunks, the better your results will turn out.

• Step 3

Boil some water on the stove and put in the chunks of cabbage.

• Step 4

Let the water and cabbage boil for about 10 minutes or so. When the ten minutes is up, remove it from the heat.

• Step 5

Grab a cup and go to the bathroom! Pee into the cup.

• Step 6

In a separate cup, mix 1 part of your urine to 1 part of the water that the cabbage was boiled in. No need to save the cabbage unless you want to eat it. It's pretty tasty, so you might want to eat it!

• Step 7

If the urine/cabbage water turns pink or red then this indicates a boy result! If the urine/cabbage water turns purple, this indicates a girl result.

linnymichlle
    by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:06 PM

thank you Iam sure hope I get it cause I have 3 girls already!!!!

Quoting LaceyN1121:

ok you gotta fill me in on what on earth the red cabbage test  and how it works.... I have heard of the one where you use some kind of cleaner, and some other test, but never the red cabbage test....

Best of luck to you on getting your boy...

linnymichlle
    by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM

does any one know how much of the water and pee u need??? I dont want to mess up the test

LaceyN1121
    by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Ok now that that is cleared up... HOw on earth do you manage 3 girls? I have 1 girl and she drives me up the walls, I can't imagine having 2 girls let alone 3

pregnancy calendar
    Pandapanda
    by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Actually, the lady is having a boy and the test predicted a boy. Anyway, here's the directions she gave:

1) Go to the store and buy a red cabbage

2) after you get home, cut up the red cabbage

3) add boiling water to the cabbage and let sit for 10 mins (or more)

4) remove cabbage from water SAVE THE WATER

5) add urine to the cabbage water (NOTE: She said later in her thread to mix equal parts cabbage juice and urine)

6) if it goes a red or pink color you are having a boy, if it goes a purple color you are having a girl

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)