Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it too soon???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

im 20 weeks tomorrow and i already feel like im having the braxton hicks contractions some of them kinda hurt some dont.  ive been doing alot of cleaning this weekend and it made them alittle regular but not really close.  this is my 3rd and i didnt get them till about 30 weeks with the girls.  has anyone else gotten these fake contractions early and been fine

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ammie25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I thought I was having them too, and I am still not sure if I was or not. But I googled it and read an article that said they can start as soon as 6 weeks along! Surprising! The article also said, unless they are painful, you shouldn't worry too much.

vanettaR
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:26 PM

My doctor told me it is fine I have been having it since 18 weeks. She said the more children the earlier it comes. At longs as its not a pattern or gets worst and worst then not to worry. I get probaly 6 a day.

KSmommy07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I thought I was have some yesterday and a few weeks ago and was thinking it was too early also.  This is my second pregnancy and didn't have any braxton hicks with my first.  I think cleaning and being more active could probably have something to do with it, I wouldn't worry unless they were painful or regular like the other girls said.

Ariana07
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I started having them at around 16 weeks. My midwife told me as long as you don't have several an hour it's ok.

The more babies you've had the more sensitive you uterus becomes. Full bladder, dehydration, increased activity... will give you braxton hicks.

I sometimes get them when lying flat on my back and doing nothing.

marusia1052
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:09 AM

"What to expect when you're expecting" says they can start around 20 weeks.

Pregnancy ticker

BaByMaMa27
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I have been having them since about 10 WEEKS!!! Believe it or not! lol. My doc said its normal with your 2nd, 3rd ect...

And my baby is perfectly fine :D

Our Daughter will meet her little brother around June 8th, 2010!

We already love you so much, baby BOY! :D Keep growing and staying healthy!
trippsgirl
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I've read that you know they are braxton hicks and not the real thing because you can lay down and they will ease up or go away.  So it would make sense that doing more work or cleaning, etc would aggrivate them more.  And if you are wondering if they are BH or the real thing, then it's usually BH.  :)

CafeMom Tickers
LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I have been getting braxton hicks contractions since I was about 16 weeks along... I still get them off and on. From what I have been told its normal, specially if you are very active.

pregnancy calendar
PaigeAlysse
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I'm 27 weeks and I've been having them for a few weeks now. You're fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)