Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BEING INDUCED EARLY?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

has anyone ever heard of someone getting induced around 36 weeks for the DH or SO could be there because he's getting deployed?

i was thinking talking to my doctor about it, only because my husband deploys april 17 and i'm due may 1. and really its only like two weeks or three weeks. and i was only going to do it if the baby was fully developed and healthy.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJWard
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Ehh I doubt it..unless you have problems! My Dr wouldnt even schedule my C section a day B4 I was 39 weeks! Its often hospital policy.

pregnancy calendar

LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM

That just really depends on your doctor and where you are at exactly. My doctor won't induce me early unless I need it done. They expect my baby to be born early and if he isn't born by his due date of March 29th then she will induce me that day but thats it. Just call your doctor and see what they say, the worst thing they can say is no.

pregnancy calendar
Twinboysmom22
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Hmm I haven't heard that, but maybe.  But probably not since 36 weeks the baby's lungs still aren't at full maturity yet. Your Dr. MIGHT do it around 38ish weeks but that might be pushing it too.  They don't like doing unless they need to!

jkmeier8909
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM

i would call my doctor except the doctor i go to know isn't going to be the doctor that is delivering the baby because i'm moving back home to ohio from california and i dont have a doctor there yet and won't until next month, but i'm definitely going to ask them when i get a doc there.

Quoting LaceyN1121:

That just really depends on your doctor and where you are at exactly. My doctor won't induce me early unless I need it done. They expect my baby to be born early and if he isn't born by his due date of March 29th then she will induce me that day but thats it. Just call your doctor and see what they say, the worst thing they can say is no.

sissychristi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I wouldn't risk it. Not only is the baby not fully matured, but induction without medical necessity carries a LOT of risk.

Does he get any leave for the baby or can he ask that his deployment be delayed by 2 weeks? (I don't know anything about ow military works.)

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

jkmeier8909
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM

i know when we found we were having a baby that he was already supposed to deploy in may but then it got bumped up to april. i'm not quite sure on how everything works either to be honest. i know if he was still here he would get ten days leave, but not after he deploys. the army gets r and r but he's in the marines.

Quoting sissychristi:

I wouldn't risk it. Not only is the baby not fully matured, but induction without medical necessity carries a LOT of risk.

Does he get any leave for the baby or can he ask that his deployment be delayed by 2 weeks? (I don't know anything about ow military works.)

logansmomma2007
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I'm not sure that an induction at 36 weeks would be successful.  Induction works best when your body is already making progress.  Look up "bishop score".

Besides that, it is too risky.   You could end up with a very premature baby.

armywifenmom09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM

I would NOT suggest inducing that early. I have a 36 weeker... and no her lungs were NOT fully mature. Her breathing was good enough for her to come home but it was rocky few weeks... I was just glad to have carried her that long. I know it sucks that your DH will be deployed but you can;t risk your baby's health. At 36 weeks you will be taking unneeded risks and I would hate for that to happen to you. It was scary cause we didn;t think DD's lungs would be as developed as they were even... we both had to stay in the hospital almost a week before they let us come home because they were concerned about my csection and her breathing...

DH won;t be home when our son is born and I am 32 weeks now. I know it sucks but the baby needs to come first.

armywifenmom09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Depending on circumstances the Red Cross can pull them home. I know they pulled my BIL home for his son;s birth. I'd go to their website or talk to a Red Cross Rep.

Quoting jkmeier8909:

i know when we found we were having a baby that he was already supposed to deploy in may but then it got bumped up to april. i'm not quite sure on how everything works either to be honest. i know if he was still here he would get ten days leave, but not after he deploys. the army gets r and r but he's in the marines.

Quoting sissychristi:

MaKennaMama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Keep in mind that the military is always changing dates. It could go back to May. You never know til the time is here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)