Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- I need help!!! Long post

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:05 PM
  • 30 Replies

So I have been having a REALLY hard time making it. I got laid off of my job and I cant really get another one, I have been having early contractions and I mean the economy is horrible and no one wants to hire a pregnant woman for 2 months. Ya I understand that they cant judge you by it but they can make up a different excuse. Its just my SO working and we are not making it. We decided that we would have to move back to my moms house in the meantime. So moving out we could be on good terms with our landlord. If we dont move out we are going to be evicted so thats why I wanted to prevent that and move out before we get our self into a bind. Well they said that since we are breaking our lease that we would have to pay every month that they dont rent out the apartment PLUS they said they would have to keep the deposit. I mean come on, we are almost starving to death here and having to borrow money for our rent every  month and my parents are throwing away there money. We dont any ANY food in the house and we are just suffering. I just dont know what to do, they also said that they CAN take us to court which I know they can. But what has this world come to? How do they expect me to pay all of those months when I have NO money!!  ugh Im so mad! I wish they were in my foot steps, and maybe they might understand. Please I need some advice what do I do or say? Is there anything I can say that might help the situation?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I don't know if there is or not, but that seems REALLY crappy, I mean, they don't even do that here and this state isn't known for it's class.. BTW: could you pm me your address and I will try to get that GC out to you as soon as I can..

hannamanmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I wish I had some advice but I will keep you in my prayers.

Also-- have you tried getting any government assistance? It's what it is there for-- and I think you surely deserve it more than most. 

davidjames07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM

try going to local churches. my dh was in a car accident and injured his shoulder in may, he lost 2 weeks of work, they wouldnt let him work until his arm healed and was out of the sling. Needless to say we couldnt pay our rent. We were getting help from this place that paid our electric bill for 2 months, but our rent was the problem. We called a local church and they gave us 200 to put towards our rent. The landlord saw that we were trying to pay it so they worked with us. We gave them a little bit each week and it was like that until we got caught up 3 months later. I was in school at the time and dh is the only one who works. We didnt have to pay the church back either. Maybe you can talk to them and set up a payment plan that u and your so can afford until your lease is up. How long do you have left?! good luck mama i know its rough. Sometimes for extra cash i clean my grandmas house since shes getting to old to do it herself, its only a 1 bdrm apt, but she gives me 50 bucks to sweep mop and dust. I say pretty good for only 2 hours of work. Im pregnant as well, its harder some days but I do it for her every two weeks. And it helps when you get in a bind. Ask family members if you can do something for them to make some cash you never know.

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Ya I know, they said well is there anyway we can lower your rent to help us, our rent is 625 and she offered to lower it to 600, come on lady 25 dollars is no where close to what we are in the hole. I even told her that if I dont do this then we will starve and I wont be able to 1)take care of my baby properly like I want to and 2) get the baby anything that she needs. I know it wont take that long for this to rent out, im even offering to let them show my house while Im living in it to try to find a tenant. Im so frustrated, I already have a burden of not having money over my head dont they think thats enough?

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Quoting hannamanmommy:

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I wish I had some advice but I will keep you in my prayers.

Also-- have you tried getting any government assistance? It's what it is there for-- and I think you surely deserve it more than most. 

Im on wic but that gives us only so much, and food stamps denied us, my SO only makes like 11 dollars an hour and doesnt even work full time I think its bull crap. Oh ya and in January they are cutting my SO's hours even more, he works at a warehouse in the online department so after the holidays they cut the hours because no one really orders anything. I would go to churches and stuff but I cant keep on doing this, we are short like 300-400 dollars a month. We have already got assistance through the multiservice center but they wont help us anymore

7krystals
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I would definetly to someone from the government assistance offices, and try to get food stamps or WIC asap!  The programs are supposed to be a hand up, not a hand out.  I'd say you need a hand up!! 

As for the landlord, they're probably just as stressed about where the money will be coming from, too, so try not to take it too personally.  Realize that even though they're your landlord, the might be in a very similar position to yours in this economy and especially at this time of year.

Take a big breath, relax a little, and send your baby some calm relaxing thoughts to ease her/ his.  She/ he feels what you feel, and those stress hormones aren't helping either of you. 

You could always offer to help your landlord find a replacement for you by posting in the newspaper (if it's free) or even on craigslist!  :)

Good luck and best wishes for a happy holiday season!
Krystal

Twinboysmom22
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Aww I am sorry!! Yeah most likely there isn't much you can do with them.  Look over your lease agreement and see if you can find ANY loophole somewhere!!  I remember your post from before, I would try and get that assitance again and see.  I still don't see how they denied you when he only makes 11 an hour.  That is craziness to me!!

britt6
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

IMO the way your landlord is acting is ridiculous. I would go as far to say that she is causing child endangerment by keeping you from your basic needs. Ask her for a COMPLETE copy of the lease agreement and go over it as best as you can and see if there are any loopholes. Also go get government assistance asap, go to churches,fish,food pantries...whatever it takes. I have also heard there are some programs out there that will help you pay rent until you get on your feet or at least a certain amount of months. You were not possibly laid off because you were pregnant, were you?

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM

When they cut your SO's hours, will he be looking for another job until the hours go back up??

Quoting Marah2008:

Quoting hannamanmommy:

Im on wic but that gives us only so much, and food stamps denied us, my SO only makes like 11 dollars an hour and doesnt even work full time I think its bull crap. Oh ya and in January they are cutting my SO's hours even more, he works at a warehouse in the online department so after the holidays they cut the hours because no one really orders anything. I would go to churches and stuff but I cant keep on doing this, we are short like 300-400 dollars a month. We have already got assistance through the multiservice center but they wont help us anymore

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Quoting britt6:

IMO the way your landlord is acting is ridiculous. I would go as far to say that she is causing child endangerment by keeping you from your basic needs. Ask her for a COMPLETE copy of the lease agreement and go over it as best as you can and see if there are any loopholes. Also go get government assistance asap, go to churches,fish,food pantries...whatever it takes. I have also heard there are some programs out there that will help you pay rent until you get on your feet or at least a certain amount of months. You were not possibly laid off because you were pregnant, were you?

I dont know if I was laid off for being pregnant, but I do know that I wasnt as fast as the other workers and they just told me that the economy was really slow and didnt need me, mind you that I was there for over a year when they did this, and someone told me that they kept a few other people that had been there for only like 3 months so I dont know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)