• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaked out!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

Someone knocked on my door about 2 minutes ago with one of those annoying "pattern" knocks. It was loud like a man but, when I looked out the window there were no cars. I waited and then they did it again. I quietly tiptoed down the stairs to let the dogs in and make sure that the doors were locked. I also grabbed a knife out of the drawer. I thought for sure it had to be someone we knew but I never saw a car. My husband said it had to be someone selling something or our next door neighbor but, they dont normally do those annoying knocks and our neighbor isnt home.

Its almost dark here so I am a little uneasy right now.... :(

CafeMom Tickers
Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Maybe it was just someone selling something.. They do those kinds of knocks sometimes.. I just ignore most knocks on my door as my family doesn't tend to knock, they just come in and if you aren't family, I don't want you there nor to talk to you.

housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM

ugh! I hate that!

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

heather4387
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM

maybe its a neighbor kid playin around

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM

oh gosh...how scary!  i hope your hubby comes home soon.  the other day, i came home and right before i hopped in the shower, there was a huge bang!  i totally freaked out!   i thought someone must have entered in our downstairs door somehow.  luckily, my hubby, who was at our friends with the kids, had came home like 5 minutes later.  but man, i was sweating.  in our old apt a few years ago when i was pregnant with baby no 1, we had someone actually break into it...i was on the toilet in the middle of the night and i hear the door open....plus i only had my undies and a bra on....our bedroom was on the opposite side...i dashed to our room and i think he got scared off my the pregnant belly and my hubby went and confronted him and he said he was lost (as he was the night time delivery person)?!!  sure our apt was connected to a store (part of the business my hubby works for) but...he picked the door lock!!  im sure he got a good show none-the less of a pregnant momma running naked.  lets just say he lost his job.

jakesgal88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Could be kids. I would've definitely let my dogs in too though. Scary. lol.

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:36 PM

im sure its nothing, but im a big baby like that too! LOL if u are really worried u could always call the cops (not 911 or anything) to circle around your house to see if anything weird is going on

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM

yeah i'd be a little freaked out too!!!! im sure it was probably someone selling something, if you have a neighbor thats close by maybe call and see if someone knocked on their door. can you see the road from your house? could it have been like ups or fedex or something? i know our ups guy does that patterned knock thing lol. i keep all my doors and windows locked during the day cause im home alone and i get freaked out if i see a car slow down to turn at the road next to my house lol. just have the phone near by just incase!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)