• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

curious!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

i see some of you got pregnant even before you went to your 6 week check up...were you shocked? has it "hurt" your body in any way? i have heard that womens bodies should be given at least 2 years before they get pregnant again bc it can really hurt a womens body. i just can't imagine just giving birth and then being pregnant again!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I haven't experienced this as it took me awhile to heal after having Elijah and then it took us even longer to get pregnant again.. I thought the recommended time to wait was 1yr, not 2.. I think most people prefer to wait 2yrs or more tho to have their kids be more evenly spaced out in age.

rileysmommy229
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Many doctors recommend waiting two years before becoming pregnant again. This gives your body time to completely heal and replenish itself before giving birth again. Many women don't wait two years and often times everything turns out just fine. You should know that there may be a somewhat higher risk of miscarriage if you become pregnant again too soon, as your body hasn't completely healed from the previous pregnancy yet.

got this offline-

rileysmommy229
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM
A study in the February 25,1999, New England Journal of Medicine reported a higher incidence of low birthweight and prematurity among babies conceived within six months of a previous birth, compared to those conceived 18 to 23 months following the last baby. It makes good sense for a woman to let her body recover and replenish lost nutrients after having a baby. For instance, following delivery, the mother may be anemic because of the iron transferred to the baby and the placenta. In addition, a mother always loses blood during delivery. Having said that, some mothers may wish to have two babies close together for a variety of reasons. For those women I think attempting to get pregnant after a baby is 3 months old is probably safe, but may be psychologically daunting.
LeannaEdwardS
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM

It took me 2 yrs to get pre with the 1st I had him November 20 2008 and I am dued March 29th 2010 so my babies will be 15months apart.i haven't felt any different changes yet...........feels the same!!!I don't know about the Labor part.............Yet!!!

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM

i always heard to wait a year to 18months.

i couldn't imagine getting preg right away after....i would die! LOL

but i do agree with you. i think if u get preg less then a year after your first.....it ends in miscarriage more often (i believe so anyways)

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

heather4387
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM

i ended up finding out i was preg when my dd was about 6 months. it was alittle harder on my body but she came out fine i had a slight post partum hemorage

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)