Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

severe itchy belly with red bumps all over *updated*

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

My belly has been itching VERY bad for the past week and I have red bumps all over the belly.  for the past couple of days I have some mild itching on my hand (around wrist) as well.  I googled about it and this is what I found which is pretty scary:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_itchy-skin-during-pregnancy_9450.bc

Has anyone had severe Itching accompanied by bumps and still did not have any liver disorder

PS: I called my dr's office and they asked me to come in tomorrow for a blood test.  Im so worried and want to get some comfort before that

I'm 38 weeks pregnant

Update:

Yes, It was PUPPPs.  My dr has prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide cream and said I could take benedryl in addition to it.  She especially warned me not to shower in hot water since it can increase the itching. 

Product of hot-sweaty sex between his boys & my girls in laborotary dish!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM

yea i always had that with my past pregnancies...no disorders to report.  with my last baby, i would wake just iching for hours....it was soo annoying.  good luck with the doc appt!!

K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM

my friend had this.....it was just an annoying pregnancy symptom. nothing serious.

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM

It may just be a rash but I also don't have a medical degree so don't go by me.

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I had an allergic reaction like you are discribing when i was prego with Ben. Another thing it could be is pupps "Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy"

pregnancy
LennonT0609
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:21 PM

i've heard of this blood disorder that happens in prego women. sorry i can't remember what its called, but basically it what ur describing it causes a severely itchy rash and in some severe cases the only way to stop it is to deliver the baby! thats most likely why ur ob wants u to come in for blood work. i wouldn't panic too much in other cases they give you a cream to calm the itch, until your ready to deliver. but be prepared they may induce since you are at 38 weeks. and you may not have it at all and they'll just send you home with some lotion.

I'm a disposable diaper using, bottle feeding, organic puree making, hippie loving, future chef, against self weening, first time mommy.

Lennon Theodore

5-24-09

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:07 PM

hmm i just read the article and it says that the liver thing doesn't cause bumps, it only causes severe itching all over. but i don't know, i'm not a Dr i was just reading over that article. it looks like PUPPPS is what causes the bumps not the liver problem.  good luck, i hope its nothing!

LaceyN1121
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I have a very itchy belly and I have little red bumps its not all over my belly but it wouldn't suprise me if I went to rub lotion on my stomach later and noticed more... Right now the bumps are just at the top of my belly to about my belly button just in random spots. So far my doctor isn't concerned with liver problems.... 

You may just have that rash that some women get when pregnant and it can only be cured by delivery of the baby. I wouldn't worry to much, when your pregnant you tend to think of the worse instead of it might just be nothing.

pregnancy calendar
meagnriley33
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM

http://www.itchyskinrash.net/pupp-pregnancy-rash.html

I too have this condition P.U.P.P. during pregnancy.  I showed my OB and then had it diagnosed by a dermatologist.  She told me to keep it very hydrated with non-scented creams/lotions.  You can put hydrocortisone type creams on, but it can darken and worsen your stretch marks according to my Derm. So I have just been trying really hard to keep it hydrated with some Curel Anti-Itching/Extreme Dryness lotion.  It seems to have helped and let up quite a bit.  I didn't have it to an extreme though so I am not sure if this will help you.  You're almost done though momma! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)