Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthing history

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

my LG was born 13 days early should I expect this child to come early too? oh and it only took me 6 hours to go from 3 centimeters to fully dialated this labor should be faster too right?

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sissychristi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Depends on a few things. Was LO healthy with fully developed lungs? If so, your EDD was probably off, which is common.

If not, are you having signs of pre-term labor?

One child coming early goes not necessarily mean your next one will.

pregnant bellyJoin us in the Pregnancy Group -

sissychristi, Pregnancy Group Mod

cartersmommy407
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM

My beatfrind had her 1st DD at 36w DD #2 at 34w and DS at 40w

CafeMom Tickers
jakesgal88
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Every labor and delivery is different. Some people do go early most times, but that is not always the case. I know that once my babies got to about  7 1/2 lbs my body was ready for them to come. I went into preterm labor with my youngest at 35wks, he ended up being 8lbs 8oz a few weeks later. lol. My doctor did tell me that every pregnancy is harder and every delivery is easier, but is probably not always true either.

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:31 PM

my first came at 39wks, my second was almost 2wks over due..so no u cant really base when u will have ur baby because ur other one came earlier..if it was sugnificantly earlier like 5wks or so then u should b watching for signs of preterm labor. but otherwise i wouldnt worry..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

MarriedJess
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Quoting sissychristi:

Depends on a few things. Was LO healthy with fully developed lungs? If so, your EDD was probably off, which is common.

If not, are you having signs of pre-term labor?

One child coming early goes not necessarily mean your next one will.

you know I was thinking this...she was fine they let me take her home she had a whole in her heart but that was it and she only weighed 5 and 1/2 lbs and is still so petite so maybe they just gave me that date by how big she was ya know?

Pregnancy Ticker

housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Not necessarily.  Sorry. There is no rhyme or reason with how fast or slow my labors were, some were short and some were long. My 1st was one of my shortest believe it or not. I was also never overdue till my 4Th child.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein andee.jpg picture by us5dots   Join us in the Pregnancy Group,Housefullofkidz, Pregnancy Group Mod 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)