Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little TMI but can I get some help

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

okay well I have been experiencing preterm labor contractions for quite some time and it's now getting worse! I don't know what to do. Last time I was in the hospital the damn nurses didn't explain what's going on! I was talking to my midwife and she had to tell me what was happening, that's how I knew I was in preterm labor contractions. Anyways the contractions have been off and on but they are getting stronger...and closer started yesterday of getting closer...the nurses did tell me that I was thinning..(efface) but didn't tell me how much. I am thinking it was pretty close to 100% because I think I am 1cm dialated. I was reading a lot about how you can check yourself if you are dialated and I let my DH do it and he said everything was fine but I would have thought he would freak out of how it feels because you can usually feel the baby's head. and I know for a fact he would have freaked out. So last night checked and I can fit one finger in the cervix (my middle up to my second knuckle) and yes I did feel the baby's head...not gonna lie it freaked me out a little didn't know what to think..anyways and they also said in the articles that I read that you can tell if your water broke by feeling for a sac of water. but I don't know if I could feel it. I mean I felt the head of my baby boy, but I didn't feel any water...what should I do I mean I have been in the hospital twice already for contractions. And I don't want to seem paranoid but you know this is my first baby and I don't know what to expect. Is there any pain when you start dialating? because I feel like he is pushing down a lot and a few times it felt like a sharp pain right down there.

I don't know if my water has broken because I didn't feel a sac and about a hour later I went to the bathroom and yeah I know I urinated. but when I got up I thought I had to urinate again so I sat down and it came out in trickles it didn't seem like the same feeling as peeing. and it happend like three times in a row..and I tried smelling it..it didn't smell like pee. but then my nose is really clogged to! what should I do????? ANY ADVICE!!!!???

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tginn20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

stop "checking yourself" it just opens you up for infection which in turn will cause you to contract an could cause you to go into preterm labor.

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM

go to L&D they can check to see if ur water has broke..if it has they cant stop labor any more..but if not they can stop it still..have u tried a warm bath, laying on ur left side, drinking some water and relaxing? have u timed the contractions? how far along are u?... stress can cause preterm labor...so breath and relax..and stop checking ur own cervix, u can introduce bacteria and get an infection. that is y doc use gloves and leave cervical checks to a minimum even during labor..if u dont want to go into L&D u can call them and talk to the on call doc or midwife and see if they recommend u going in or not..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

hazeleyecutie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM

when I did the cervical check I washed my hands like three times before I did anything but I understand that it can give bacterial infections so that's why I am not doing it again. anything else I should be worried about? and what I should do?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)