Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel outside the country while preggers

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

Question for you all.. my hubbie and I have been sorta independent for awhile.. my son is 16 and we've always been able to travel without having to worry about childcare.. now that we are having a baby of our own AND our midwife cost is 2/3 less than we thought we were thinking about taking a trip to Mexico possibly in February.  WE love Applevacations and right now they are running a deal in Cozumel for 7 nights, all inclusive, air fair included for $729 which is an okay deal (we've gotten much better through apple before).  I want to jump on the chance, but would you go to another country while you are preggers?

♥Melissa
pregnant belly

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cmb121906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Don't you have to get certain vaxes before going to Mexico? My DH went for work 2 years ago and he had to get a long list of vaxxes before he was able to go. IDK if I would, would if someone tries stealing you b/c your pregnant in a foriegn country or something.

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM

you will b around 5months, its usually not "bad" to travel till the last 2-3months..but personally i would NOT travel outside of the US if i was pregnant..i have driven from New Mexico to Wyoming when i was 7months pregnant with my first and 8months pregnant with my second. so u can see im not against traveling when pregnant. its the outside of the country thing that scares me.

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM

i wouldn't only because i'd be scared to get some weird sickness or something from being there or from being on a plane and in airports full of sick people. i'm one of those people that freak out about these things lol. now if i wasn't pregnant i would do it, but i'm so worried about getting sick that i wash my hands constantly and i don't go out to malls and whatnot unless i have to. im weird like that though :)  lol

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:13 PM

my parents and i went to mexico on a cruise when i was like 12yrs old and we didnt have to get any vaxes. if ur hubby was there for an extended period of is probably y he had to, if not then idk..

Quoting cmb121906:

Don't you have to get certain vaxes before going to Mexico? My DH went for work 2 years ago and he had to get a long list of vaxxes before he was able to go. IDK if I would, would if someone tries stealing you b/c your pregnant in a foriegn country or something.

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

3n2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM
I would! I've traveled all over pregnant, I used to live in Germany and traveled all over Europe while pregnant, I even traveled to the US a few times and Canada. Especially since its somewhere you have been before, I wouldn't even question it!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:44 PM

sure why not?  you arent too far away from US soil where if you feel you need to get to a hospital, it is just a short plane ride away.  you could drop your midwife a quick call, but i think you will be just fine as it seems as you have been there before, so you know what to eat and not to eat and such....  i would call your midwife though just to be certain.  also is there insurance that you can get on the trip incase something comes up int he pregnancy where you cant go, you wont loose the trip?

mindi6103
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Well, I'm pregnant and going to be having this baby in a different country.  What I would do is talk to you dr about any possible diseases or anything you might have to worry about.  If theres none then I would do it, it sounds like fun:)

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)