Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gall Bladder issues!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone ever had issues with their gall bladder while pregnant? IF so what were your symptoms and how was it treated?Thanks in advance!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

i haven't but my dad had to have his gall bladder removed and he had severe acid reflux and a pain under his right rib cage and under his right shoulder blade. but his whole gall bladder turned into a big stone, like the whole thing was hard, it wasn't just a few stones or anything. so maybe he just had a severe case but i know those were his symptoms.

Bren07
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM

gall bladder pain hurts bad..with me it was under my right side ribs and after i ate greasy foods..the only fix for a bad gallbladder is to have it taken out and u cant take it out till ur not pregnant ne more..they can figure out its ur gallbladder with a few tests but idk if they can do it while ur pregnant, u will have to talk to ur doc about that..i had mine taken out at 16, my hubby had his taken out at 17...

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

PaigeAlysse
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:33 PM

When I was 17, I was told I have gallstones, but I've never had a problem with them, so I'm not much help :(

Mommy2Jolee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I had gall bladder issues when I was pregnant with Jes.  It started with me not being able to hold anything down, I just thought it was 'morning sickness'.  At 20 weeks I went into the hospital with serious pain in the right side of my abdomen and it had stretched all the way across and up my back.  I finally called my doctors office on a Sunday night because I was running a slight fever and they said to go in the L&D.  It took about 4 days for them to diagnose it (by doing an ultrasound and seeing the 'stones and sludge') because my doctor thought I was likely just dehydrated.  Fortunately, I was able to change my diet to include less fatty and greasy foods and control it until Jes was 7 weeks old and I had another 'attack' and had to have it taken out.

happymommy42008
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Are they sure it is just your gallbladder? Because with both of my pregnancies I had Cholestasis......which can be risky for baby. which wasn't found until 33 weeks with my first. they can share very similar symptoms. if  you have itchy palms or soles of you feet you should mention it to your ob!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
jkmeier8909
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:35 AM

both of my sisters had theirs out before they were pregnant, however my best friend had problems with hers while she was pregnant with her first baby and i think she just had to watch more carefully what she ate and they took it out right after she gave birth.

sweetjessa
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 5:39 AM

my suggestion if you want to avoid the pain if you can during pregnancy change what you eat and only use olive oil I am serious it is amazing the change your body will have and the pain will go away and avoid spicy and greasy like pizza and what not you can save your self from hell

Pregnancy ticker
MarriottMama
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Thank you ladies for all your input!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)