• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help w/3 yr old son (kinda long)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay I have a problem and I need some advice. I have a 3 yr old son that will turn 4 in Feb. From the day that I brought him home from the hospital he has went to sleep early and slept all night long. Well, that past 3-4 months all he wants to do is stay up. He will stay up all night long and then about 6-7 in the morning he wants to go to sleep and sleep all day. We have tried everything from keeping him up all day to taking him to the doctor. When we keep him up, he still stays up all night. It is like when the sun goes down he is wide awake no matter what. When we took him to the doc, the doc said that is was just something that children go through. His doc did put him on something that was suppose to make him sleepy, but all it did was hype him up even more. I don't know what to do. Has anyone ever went through this and if so what did you do to get your child back on schedule?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pregowithfifth
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I have not had this problem but my girlfriend has a son that is 7 and went through this when he was 5 when it gets dark and around normal bed time shut off every light in the house and lay him down in his bed do not turn on any lights or the TV.  She was able to get her son back on track in about 9 days.  The only thing is now he will get up at 530 to 6 but it is better than not sleeping.

aubrees_mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I'm going through this with my 3 year old dd but I think its where I would take naps and she would lay with me and end up falling alseep but now when I keep her up all day with no naps she still stays up till 3 or 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)