Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dialated...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay I went to my doctor's 2day and she said I dialated 3cm (YAY). I am 38wks! She didn't even make a doctor's appt for me next week because said I probably already had the baby by then. My due date isn't until the 27th. So my question is how long did it take before ur water broke and how fast can u get to 10cm?

Also my doc told me if I want I can go head up to the hospital but I figure I would be just there waiting all night and they would monitor my contractions or I can stay home and wait it out. What do all think I should do?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heather4387
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM

if your comfy with staying home i would stay home and go in later pack and shower eat start walking see if you can get something started with labor

SweetPea020403
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:15 PM

with my first my water didn't break... My ob taught my hubby (an RN in the ER) how to check and said that when I was 4 1/2 cm I could go to the Hospital if we liked.. (policy here is 4 cm and the admit) so we went home (this being 230 in the afternoon) My contracts really kicked in around midnight that night and at 330 the next am I was admitted for labor!  they broke my water at approx. 3pm that afternoon when i got to 7cm and stopped dilating. upon breaking of the water I delivered miss Kaleigh Grace at 514 pm that evening =)

Mama2lilGarrett
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM

They say usually with your first kid you have a longer labor.

My story is not that case..
I went to the dr on Monday.. I was then dilated to 2cm and 80% effaced.
Thursday at 11pm.. I heard a pop and my water broke. Within 5 minutes my contractions were 2min apart (I dropped to me knees from the contractions). Arrived at the hospital at 11:50pm and was then dilated to 7cm and by 12:15am was at 10cm and 100% effaced. I had him by 12:31am.

I personally am a believer, once your water breaks, get to the hospital.

Also.. NOT EVERYONES WATER BREAKS ON ITS OWN!

mdhogg25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Mama2lilGarrett:

They say usually with your first kid you have a longer labor.

My story is not that case..
I went to the dr on Monday.. I was then dilated to 2cm and 80% effaced.
Thursday at 11pm.. I heard a pop and my water broke. Within 5 minutes my contractions were 2min apart (I dropped to me knees from the contractions). Arrived at the hospital at 11:50pm and was then dilated to 7cm and by 12:15am was at 10cm and 100% effaced. I had him by 12:31am.

I personally am a believer, once your water breaks, get to the hospital.

Also.. NOT EVERYONES WATER BREAKS ON ITS OWN!

Thanks for responding ladies! This will be my 2nd child and I heard your labor goes quicker with the 2nd so that's why I was concern. I know my mucus plug has been coming out and also it was mixed with a little blood. So hopefully she will be here soon. I probably just walk around and wait it out at home=) I keep u all updated!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)