Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Double Stroller Advice!!! Poll Included

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: The Kolcraft Contours Options Stroller is..

Options:

Great! I should get it.

Not so Great. Dont waste your money.

Don't know.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

Im wanting to invest in good double stroller.I have a 13 month old and I'm 4 months prego..Im really interested in the Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller. Has anyone purchased this stroller? Did you love it or hate it. A couple of things that concern me is 1. the weight of the stroller. I read it weighs 47 lbs! and 2. You have to take off the seats to fold it and 3. The seats look kind of small will they hold a toddler for a couple of years??....I love the options you have with it though! So Is it worth it?? Or Do you have another suggestion for a double stroller? I need one that works for  a toddler and infant carrier.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
avegajenkins
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Ok I remember when I had this dilema (LOL) I got the baby trend sit & stand So worth the $$$$ everyone asked me where i got it (target.com) It held my infant in her infant car seat while it gave my toddler the option to stand or sit its not HEAVY AT ALL i was able to put it in and out the car w. no prob. very easy to open and close

We Love OUR DADDY he is our HERO...ARMY WIFE & Mom of 3.. Missing our home..NYC

army

Sekzymexi
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM

That is the other One Ive been looking at..i found the kolcraft stroller on craigslist for 100 dollars! so thats making me want it more..So many choices!

tdenotter
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I have a sit and stand as well. I have the Joovy caboose but it is basically the same and I do not know what I would do without it! I love it.

cms52006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I have a Graco Duoglider and a older Sit and Stand stroller... I love both of them..I got the duoglider stroller at Babies r us on clearance for $80.00 I love everything about it... The Sit and Stand I got from craigslist for free... It is older and a bit worn... They both will hold a car seat.. The one thing I love about the duoglider you can put the car seat in the front or back... I have the Graco travel system so it works with double stroller...

CafeMom Tickers
mommyofbz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I have the Kolcraft that you are talking about and I really like it. It is a bit of a pain to fold and load but I love the options that you have with it. My son is 3 almost 4 and I have a almost 2 yr old son. Both fit in it,my older son is getting a bit big for it but I am expecting a lo in April. I think if it is one that you like then go for it. $100 is a steal for it. I hope this helps you out. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

twixters21
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I ordered the Kolcraft online cause I found a really good deal on Cyber Monday.  This past Saturday, DH and I went to Babies-R-Us and tried out the floor model.  We will be returning the one I ordered to the store this weekend.  Your concerns are the main reasons we didn't like it.  Besides the fact that it is really heavy and doesn't fold with both seats attached, when it is folded, it's still pretty big.  We have a minivan and a truck so that didn't worry me, but if we had a car, I'd be afraid not much else would fit in the trunk with the stroller in there.  Another thing we didn't like was that neither of the seats has a tray or a cup holder.  There are cup holders for mom and dad, but none for kids.  We frequently put snacks on the tray for DS when he is in the single stroller we currently have.  Plus, we didn't feel the attachement that holds the infant seat was very sturdy.  It seemed the infant seat rocked quite a bit and didn't feel super safe.  The sit and stand strollers that the store had in stock aren't an option for us as our infant seat didn't fit properly (we have a Chicco Keyfit 30). 

I have decided to hold off on getting a double stroller.  Instead, I am going to use some type of carrier for the baby (probably either a moby wrap or baby k'tan) and use the stroller I already have for DS.  Then, when the new baby is older, I will probably get a graco double stroller.

Sekzymexi
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Im sort of small in stature and the loading part is a big concern for me..but your right...100 is a steal..Maybe I just need to man up and get some muscle!

Quoting mommyofbz:

I have the Kolcraft that you are talking about and I really like it. It is a bit of a pain to fold and load but I love the options that you have with it. My son is 3 almost 4 and I have a almost 2 yr old son. Both fit in it,my older son is getting a bit big for it but I am expecting a lo in April. I think if it is one that you like then go for it. $100 is a steal for it. I hope this helps you out. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)