Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rock Hard Belly- but no contractions?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

My belly has been rock hard for weeellllll over 24 hours, but I'm not having any contractions (not even Braxton Hicks) and it's starting to get incredibly painful.

Anyone know what this could be?

I have a dr's appt tomorrow morning... but I'd LOVE to get some relief tonight, so I can actually get some sleep!

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelam20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM

That happened to me for like a week before I had my daughter...it would not soften up. My doctor shrugged it off as braxton hicks. Maybe it means you're close- start walking haha

xx_erika
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Quoting pamelam20:

That happened to me for like a week before I had my daughter...it would not soften up. My doctor shrugged it off as braxton hicks. Maybe it means you're close- start walking haha

oh my gosh, i hope so! i mean, it'd be kind of early... but I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore. :)

pregnancy calendar
pamelam20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Aww well good luck, hope you get some relief soon :)

Quoting xx_erika:

Quoting pamelam20:

oh my gosh, i hope so! i mean, it'd be kind of early... but I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore. :)

xx_erika
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Quoting pamelam20:

Aww well good luck, hope you get some relief soon :)

Quoting xx_erika:

Quoting pamelam20:

thanks! hopefully my doctor will be able to tell me what's going on tomorrow!

pregnancy calendar
dakotaleann
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Has your baby dropped yet? I had this same problem as mine was dropping. It lasted about 5 days making it difficult to sleep or breathe or even eat. There's nothing I could find to bring relief, I just had to wait it out. But once she dropped I felt sooo much better! Good luck!
CafeMom Tickers
xx_erika
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quoting dakotaleann:

Has your baby dropped yet? I had this same problem as mine was dropping. It lasted about 5 days making it difficult to sleep or breathe or even eat. There's nothing I could find to bring relief, I just had to wait it out. But once she dropped I felt sooo much better! Good luck!

he HAS dropped. but I'm reallllllllly small, and he's about 19 inches long! So, even though he's dropped, he's still basically laying on all my main organs. It is a little easier to breath, but the pain is still the same. :(

pregnancy calendar
xx_erika
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Bump.

Any advice for relief?

pregnancy calendar
ready_for2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:41 PM

its probably just the position the baby is in. sometimes if they turn their back towards your front, then the belly seems harder.

xx_erika
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:46 PM
Quoting ready_for2:

its probably just the position the baby is in. sometimes if they turn their back towards your front, then the belly seems harder.

then he must be in a reaaaalllly weird position. because i can see his tiny little feet kick out up by my ribs. lol

pregnancy calendar
JsunkissedB
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM

lay on your side and drink lots of water! please do not try walking and going into labor your only 32 weeks. i had my twins at 33 weeks and its so hard bein helpless seeing your baby in the INCU for 10 days  hooked up to monitors and breathing tubes! not worth it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)