Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't like the midwife at all!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I went to the doctor today after a week of having what I assumed were braxton hicks contractions. When she first came in the room (first time I have seen her) she asked if  I had any questions. I was telling her that I was having cramping/braxton hicks and explained them. She told me that she believed these were not braxton hicks she thinks they are actual contractions from my explination and because they dont go away when I lay down and relax. She said to keep timing them and if at any point they are more than 4 in one hour then I need to call the office immediately. I said ok and told her I had talked to the doc thursday and that he said that he wanted me to get checked when I came in to make sure my cervix wasnt softening or anything, she said that wont be necessary you arent having them close enough together for them to cause that. ????? then she looks at my chart and says OH! you gained 5 pounds this month I think you need to watch that this next month.... really 5lbs is alot? I was like ok but.... hen she looks at my chart and sees that I lost 28lbs before I started gaining weight and since then I have only gained 7lbs (including this 5) and goes well looking at your chart I would recommend you gain more like 7-8 a month the next 2 months? ? you just told me 5 was too much. I guess I just felt like her head was up her ass... maybe I am just spoiled casue I saw he same doc 4 times and now they are transfering me around so that I know everyone before having the baby!

is it normal to have contractions at 23w and the not wanna check to see that everything is ok? is it excessive to gain 5lbs in your 5th month?

Sorry gals vent is over!!!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tristangirl
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Really 24 views and no response????

cdeweese
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I would say, "I would really feel better if I was checked just to be sure." Also, I gained 9 pounds in my fifth month and my doctor said that I was right on target. I refuse to see a midwife, sorry but I would just rather see my normal doctor that way this crap doesn't happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)