Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Did The Baby Get There?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

Thought some of you might enjoy this.

Ever since we told SS8 and SS5 that we are expecting, they have both been thrilled. Of course, this news brought on an uncomfortable question from SS8. How did the baby get in your belly? My husband, reluctant to have the sex talk said "The doctor put it there." Our little smarty pants wouldn't buy that. After avoiding the topic for sometime, we finally found a book that was very simple in explaining reproductive organs and simply that the sperm and the egg meet in the uterus and that's how the baby is made. SS8 was completely satisfied with the book and was grateful to finally know how his baby sister got in my belly. We did tell him that it was a big deal that we were sharing this secret and that it meant he was big enough to know. We also explained that each parent tells their children when they feel their children are old enough to know and that it's not ok to talk about it at school because some kids aren't ready to know.

So tonight, we were eating dinner and Hubby was talking about when the baby comes and said that she would probably come early. (This is based solely on his opinion, he has no reason other than he just thinks it will happen). I told him, you never know, she might just take her time. Well my husband responded "Yes I do know cause she has my special miracle grow sperm," appearantly forgetting that SS8 was even at the table. Well SS8 piped up and said "Hey! Hey! I read that book and that's just disgusting!" So then me, hubby and MIL all started laughing and staring at him in shock and his little face turned beat red! It was hysterical! None of us expected him to pipe up like that because he had been so mature about the book and his new found knowledge that we forgot we even had the conversation!

pregnancy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ninajo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM

WELL, NOW YOU KNOW HE UNDERSTANDS SEX HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MORE THAN JUST TALK....LOL

SORRY CAPS STUCK AGAIN WORKING ON IT...AGAIN...LOL

Charles&Nina                                                       

39 yrs.& 4kids

newbiestepmama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he made the connection because we didn't come out and say it. The book just said the sperm and the egg meet. Now I know he def made the connection. 

pregnancy
K.a.C.87
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM

lol i think that is great!

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, loving fiance to lee, pregnant with our little boy!! (1.26.10) Bryant Allyn. (trying to have successful VBAC), Disposible diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Join us in the Pregnancy Group     K.A.C.87, Pregnancy Group Mod

Chrissy9479
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:20 PM

lol thats so funny. but at least he is being mature about it! my younger brother knows how it all happens but he doesn't want to hear about it. its kinda funny hehe  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)