Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you name your baby after.......................

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM
  • 47 Replies

Did you name your baby after family? If so did you name the other if you have more then 1 after an in-law? I'm asking because I refuse to name my dd after my mil I just don't like being told I have to do something well that and I don't like her first or middle names or her moms names and I think it would have been her daughters place to name her child after her mom not mine I can't help that she had 3 boys and no girls.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mindi6103
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM

My son's name is my brother inlaw's middle name and my son's middle name is my hubby's middle name.  If this one is a girl she will have my mom's middle name if its a boy then probably won't be named after anyone.

CafeMom Tickers
PhotobucketBF, Soldier, Love
aubrees_mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Thats what I'm going with this time naming her after NOONE

cartersmommy407
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:58 PM

My sons middle name (Wayne) is after my dad. If we have another boy his middle name will be (Charles) after my hubby's grandfather that passed and if we have a girl her middle name will be (Grace) after my very young cousin that was killed 2 years ago

CafeMom Tickers
angel0185

kinda her name will be Kaitlyn Nicole and lyn is her fathers middle name thats why we picked kaitlyn and i always said that if i had a girl her middle name would be nicole after my oldest half sister which is also her oldest daughters middle name and whats funny is its also my oldest SIL's daughters middle name.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
lys20613

Girlie i feel ya!! I have a son and i named him after my dad, well his middle name. I came from a family of 5 girls and so he never had a son so i gave my son his name as his middle name. I didnt tell my dad until he was born and he actually got torn up about it. However, I had a daughter a year later, same guy. I DO NOT get along with his family AT ALL. Well i always wanted to name my daughter Alyson, Ally for short. well that was the MIL middle name. Refused to name her that. Well I ended up naming her Gracelyn Brenda-Marie after me and my mom. I absolutly love it. My moms first name is brenda and my middle name is marie. It fits her so well. She has both of us in her. I call her gracie for short. But anyways The in laws hate me with a passion and have nothing to do with the grandchildren. I have since remarried. I have a better relationship with these inlaws. If i ever get the chance to get pregnant and keep it (multiple m/c) I might name him or hers middle name after that side of the family if not my DH first. I like his middle name. So yeah sorry its long but sooooo go with what you want not someone else! GL momma!

xx_erika
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Well, I'm naming my son Carter William. His middle name is a family name on my DH's side. It's his middle name, his father and grandfathers first name... plus it fits together :) But if I didn't like it- then I wouldn't name him that.

If he was a girl, he would've named Rylan Hope. Which is after no one!

pregnancy calendar
twest06
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM

ok my moms middle name is Marie and so is mine. My 2 girls middle names is Marie too. My sons name is Edward Joseph III. I wasn't crazy about the idea of him having his whole name the same ....i think kids should have a little individuality but, before mu husbands dad died when he was 13 it was the only thing he asked of him...to carry the family name on. So im a sucker. We call him EJ so i guess he gets his only little name haha....by the way what is your MIl's name?

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:05 PM

My son is named after my husband. My husband happens to be named after his dad, so of course, they all share a name. Also, I have a brother and an uncle with the same first name. Gets kind of confusing at family events!!

If this one's a boy, he will share a middle name with my dad and my brother. His middle name will also be the same as an uncle of my husband's who passed away a couple years ago.

If we have a girl, she won't be named after anyone.

I wouldn't name my child after someone just because they wanted me to or thought it was "fair" or whatever.

aubrees_mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:05 PM

See I names dd #1 Aubree Diane Marie lol long I know but Diane is for my mom whom I've VERY close to and Marie is a family name that a lot of the women on my family have even me.

I want to name this one Gabrielle Sophia Grace just because I love those names and the 2 middle names thing is also family tradition

aubrees_mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Quoting twest06:

ok my moms middle name is Marie and so is mine. My 2 girls middle names is Marie too. My sons name is Edward Joseph III. I wasn't crazy about the idea of him having his whole name the same ....i think kids should have a little individuality but, before mu husbands dad died when he was 13 it was the only thing he asked of him...to carry the family name on. So im a sucker. We call him EJ so i guess he gets his only little name haha....by the way what is your MIl's name?

She wants it to be Lori Ellen or Ruth Ellen so no offence to anyone that has those names there just not my cup of tea and my grandma me promise her I wouldn't do that to a young child her name is also ruth ellen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)