Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel System Strollers & Carseats. What do you have?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  • 19 Replies

I could use your help. I’ve been searching online for a stroller and car seat travel set. To be completely honest, I have no idea what’s the best that’s affordable. What do you have? Where did you buy yours? What kind of car seat did you buy to bring your little one home? I don’t really care about looks I just want to be safe. I’m trying to find one that’s fewer than 200 dollars. Any help would be awesome! PS. It’s for a boy.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifey4907
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM

We had a Graco Snugride for DS.  We still use the stroller, but I have no idea where the carseat is.  So we'll be getting a new one, not sure if we'll get a whole new system or just another Snugride carseat...I like it though.  The stroller pushes and maneuvers so smoothly, the carseat was easy to get in and out of the vehicle.

pregnancy calendar

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

We got a Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System with Graco Safeseat1 infant carrier when I was pregnant with my son. I loved it! We still use the stroller of course, it "drives" so smoothly, turns easily, isn't heavy, has a large storage basket, 2 parent cup holders and 2 compartments for keys, phone, etc, and a kid tray of course. Also the seat reclines all the way so you can lay the baby in there if you want. We got ours at Toys' R Us for $220 but you can get the same stroller with the Snugride carseat for under $200 I think. I highly recommend Graco.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
cms52006
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Graco is the best to have... If you are trying to save money go to www.craigslist.org.. you can find good trvel systems there pretty cheep and clost to being new...

CafeMom Tickers
2boysandagirl09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM

We have the expedition LX travel system by baby trend, got it at babies r us and it was 199.99.. I love it, it lets me get out there and walk and jog without having to worry about bumps..  Hope this helps some.. heeres a pic..

Baby Trend Expedition Travel System Stroller - Stride - Baby Trend  - Babies"R"Us

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM

This would be fine for a stroller but DO NOT buy a new carseat unless you trust the person you are buying it from with your child's life!  You don't know the history of the seat as far as accidents, submersing the straps, etc. so buying it can endanger your child.

I don't like infant carriers :(  I had one for my son but this time I'm going with a true fit.  I only kept my son in his for 4 months because we had so many problems with it (and it was a chicco keyfit!).  We both liked the convertable better so I'm going directly to it this time.

As far as a stroller you have to figure out what is important to you.  I don't like the huge strollers that come with the travel systems.  Make sure you get one with a good recline though.  An important feature to me is that the stroller handle flips around so I can have a pram and my baby can see me.  You just have to figure out what is important to you.

Oh, and I HATE graco products after 3 of them (all of the ones I bought my son) failed on me.  He had the contempo highchair and his arm became wedged so badly between the legs and the seat I could barely get it out!  They took it back but 2 years later they are still selling that same design.

Quoting cms52006:

Graco is the best to have... If you are trying to save money go to www.craigslist.org.. you can find good trvel systems there pretty cheep and clost to being new...

boyd-family
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I cant remember the brand but I will be getting one from Burlington Coat Factory for $160. Mine is for a boy too!

CafeMom Tickers
ArrisColwell
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:22 AM

I have this set for my son:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2633095

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3156650

It's soooo easy to install and use. And as far as I'm concerened, it was the safest. I was COMPLETELY anal about this set, I won't lie. It's the most expensive thing I've bought - and I bought the car seat used from my cousin (I DO trust her with my baby's life and I know the seat is still good, otherwise I'd have bought a new one)

MommyJ0697
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:32 AM

We have an Evenflo Aura Select travel system and I LOVE it!! We purchased another one for our new LO due in April, but when we opened the box they sent us the wrong color and the box was damaged so we took it back to Target and now I'm looking for a different brand.  DF wants to get a Graco Snug Ride 32 or 35 but I absolutely HATE Graco seats because I've had nothing but bad luck with them. My cousin's have a Graco Safe Seat they're willing to let me borrow but we are undecided as well. I do not recommend using a convertible seat from the start unless you live in a place where its 60+ degrees all year long because it's a hassle with all the blankets in the car and then trying to keep them warm in a sling. GL!!

I am a proud mommy of 6 beautiful children 2 heavenly angels, and a 16yr old SD I CIO, formula feed, forward face, circumsize, use epidurals, c-sections from now until I'm done with kids, Child led weaninf of bottles and pacis,, divorced and loving my new man, and I don't care what you think of me! Emmalyn Renee, Caitlyn Taylor, Cassidy Rose, Caralyn Michela (rip), Clara Delores, Jack Daniel, James David, Jordan Douglas, Josiah Douglas (rip), and Baby Bradner!!

pregnancy

Ariana07
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

As far as a stroller you have to figure out what is important to you.  I don't like the huge strollers that come with the travel systems.  Make sure you get one with a good recline though.  An important feature to me is that the stroller handle flips around so I can have a pram and my baby can see me.  You just have to figure out what is important to you.

Do you know one like that?

Mommymo08
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Have the same one from DD and will be getting the carries back out when DS comes.  Thankfully it was gender neutral!  Not to worry, it is still good, DD will be 2 in Jan. so it  will not expire until well after #2 is out of it!

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

We got a Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System with Graco Safeseat1 infant carrier when I was pregnant with my son. I loved it! We still use the stroller of course, it "drives" so smoothly, turns easily, isn't heavy, has a large storage basket, 2 parent cup holders and 2 compartments for keys, phone, etc, and a kid tray of course. Also the seat reclines all the way so you can lay the baby in there if you want. We got ours at Toys' R Us for $220 but you can get the same stroller with the Snugride carseat for under $200 I think. I highly recommend Graco.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)