Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK I have a stupid question here

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

With my first dd I refused to wear maternity clothes they were ugly and this time around I found some cute jeans I just don't know how the sizes work could someone please explain the small, medium and so on to me I know I'm either a small or medium just not sure which one?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmb121906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM

There's no way to explain it, you just have to try them on.

lovingeveryday
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM

If you are purchasing them online you can look at the size chart and they usually tell you what the sizes are in inches.  If you do it that way, you should try to figure a few inches bigger than what you measure as I have found that many maternity clothes bought online are cut differently and often measure smaller than they should.  Just my opinion

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I suggest trying them on. I wear a lot smaller in maternity sizes than I ever would have guessed.

aubrees_mommie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM

The thing is there is NO store in 30 miles that sells Maternity clothes so I'm ordering them off line our Wal-Mart did away with them and the other clothing stores don't sell them

bree4617
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

They SAY your maternity size is the same as your pre pregnancy size. They make the clothes to accommodate the extra. I don't know how true it is as I seem to be all over the place size wise! LOL! Does this even make sense? Damn pregnancy brain! 

pregnancy due date
mindi6103
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM

I've been ordering mine online too.  So far the only place I've ordered from is Old Navy and I love them!  Generally your pre pregnancy size is the same size as the maternity size you'll need, at least with old navy thats the way its working.  I love the jeans I just ordered, they're so comfortable!!

CafeMom Tickers
PhotobucketBF, Soldier, Love
Marah2008
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Its hard to tell, they all range in different sizes, I have 2 pairs of jeans one is small and the other medium, the medium fit really snug on me and the small are a little to big, and I know when I tried more on some larges didnt work for me because they were to big but the mediums were to small. You honestly just might have to drive the 30 minutes.

frgivn2
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:53 AM

One thing to consider is that you're probably not the only one in your area with this predicament. Try craigslist. I've found great deals on maternity clothes from people close by. $3 for jeans and shirts! Can't beat that! As far as sizes, I've been going with my pre-pregnancy size for maternity clothes, and bought a size bigger for non-maternity clothes. I'm an 8-10 and decided a medium pant was the best. Of course they will fit everyone different and most of them tend to have too much room in the tush area. But craigslist is the way to go!

CafeMom Tickers
Johicks
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Me personally, I went up a size. I kinda lost weight during my pregnancy versus gaining a lot. I had more fluid than I did weight. I went from 282 at the start of my pregnancy to around 275 when I gave birth and within 2 weeks, I dropped to 247 and now I"m back up to 263.5. Maternity clothes are expensive. Some places won't let you return things you buy and don't like if it's a maternity outfit, you know? So it's better to up the size.

Jogging pants are your friend. You can get nice comfy ones from a Kmart, Walmart or whatever store that sells affordable, but pregnancy worthy pants and also has the "I want to be cute and not big while being pregnant" factor lol. It seems like no matter what I wore, I felt like a carnival in it. So wearing regular clothes in a bigger size did it for me and made me feel better about myself.

CafeMom Tickers
sandraberke
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM

for me i 2nd trimester i wore size medium. or regular jeans size 7/8. and the last half of the thrid trimester i wore a large. or regular jean size 9/10. mediums fit but were super snug..id say try medium!

CafeMom Tickerspregnany_with9.gif picture by sandraberkejune.gifpregnant6.gif picture by sandraberke** im Predicting a GIRL**Will be confirmed in january**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)