Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mucus Plug??? TMI

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi ladies, I am 37 weeks tomorrow and I THINK I lost my mucus plug Saturday afternoon. When I saw my doctor on Thursday I was 1cm dialated . When I went to pee Saturday afternoon there was a huge clump of yellow mucus, that was the size of the toliet paper, when I wiped. Sorry for being so graphic, does anyone have any idea what that means? I was induced at 37 weeks with my son due to complications so I am not sure what any of this means. Thanks for the help!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Squirt254
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:00 AM
buryherdead
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Losing your plug doesn't necessarily mean that you are going into labor.

djspacegirl
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:54 AM

unfortunately loosing your mucus plus doesn't mean you're going to go into labor soon, although it could.  with my first daughter i lost my plug over about 2 weeks and it was not all in one chunk.  totally tmi, but it came out like snot.  so gross.  i had to wear a pad.  with my second daughter it did come out in one chunk, and just less than a week before i had her.  this time around, i'm due in a week and haven't seen any signs of loosing it.  i've heard sometimes, especially if it's not your first baby, you don't loose it until you're in labor.  although hoenstly, i wish i would loose it - at this point i feel like i'm going to be pregnant forever and it would help to see SOME sign that things were moving toward an end! 

" src="http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/CCFFFF/003333/My pregnancy/12/24/2009.png" alt="Pregnancy ticker" />Make a pregnancy ticker
stellarluna
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 11:07 AM

What it really means for sure is there are changes going on with your cervix, and that's all you can really say at this point.  You could still make it to 40-42 weeks or you could go into labor today, there's no way to know for sure.  At this point, I would just start getting your last minute things in order, keep getting your fluids and rest, and prepare for baby as this is your first sign that the time is growing near.

I lost mine for three days total, and at the very end, I knew I had lost the rest of it because that's when I got the "bloody show" part or just streaking of blood with a wade of what you're getting now; the day after that, my water broke.  My sister; however, lost hers slowly over about 3 weeks, and went into labor within a week of seeing the last of it.   With my first child, I never saw the plug myself--obviously, I lost it during labor, so some people go through this and some don't at all. 

All the best to you for a smooth and safe labor!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

thesphinx1989
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 1:49 PM

With my son and daughter I didn't loose it until I was in labor. This time I lost it over the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's not a sure sign of anything.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)